Myriad

by Oasiscircle
Explore an endless dungeon to rid it of its inhabitants!
ID:1644547

Now that the Game Jam is over with I can get back to some real work! What do you all think? I especially like the diversity of the items because it adds a ton of replay value!
I especially like the shades of blue you picked. Is the whole game blue? (Or would it even be possible to pick a different palette of say, green or red? Not that these are important, haha).

It looks good so far though!
In response to LordAndrew
LordAndrew wrote:
Or would it even be possible to pick a different palette of say, green or red?

That would be quite interesting... now wouldn't it?
Hmmm.. we'll see! You've sparked my interest, I've been using a lot of icon functions lately so this idea definitely interests me! I'm going to try to focus on the main gameplay though before I get into that!

Thanks for the compliments by the way, I'm excited to see the game playable!

All you'd have to do is have the 'color' variable of everything based on a user setting, with the right shades of base icon color you'd have all of the coloring done for you.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
All you'd have to do is have the 'color' variable of everything based on a user setting, with the right shades of base icon color you'd have all of the coloring done for you.

That's a thing? Must investigate!
I'm really digging this new style I'm going for, I'm trying my best to make the game have massive replay value along with a really strong roguelike feel.

A few things I'm planning on adding in:

Randomized Loot/Equipment
Turn-based Battles that aren't automated
Diverse and intelligent enemies
Multiple enemies in battles
A more developed spell/magic system
Tons of different types of shops
Hunger
A much much larger inventory for holding loot

And I'm sure there'll be a lot more! If you've got questions/suggestions make sure you make me aware of them!
That is true, I will add a configuration so you can change the color!
That is not how color blind works.
SO WHERE'S POLIS HUH
Colors that are next to each other change... have you ever stared at the sun or a bright object and then went inside a darker room or area. You start to see pink, green, yellow or other colors that aren't actually the true color. That is what its like to be color blind.
The blue will just show as a different color, if your color blind.
I think this game would have the opposite effect on a colorblind person, since contrast is best for them to actually differentiate with. Everyone can see contrast. Even blind people, in a certain way.