ID:164861

Hi, i am gonna make this short because im on my friend's comp and its lagging like hell, but i want a list called target of things the usr has selected, and there are two problems. One, adding an overlay to src when you click it doesn't work. and 2, how come set src in usr.contents works, but set src in usr.target doesn't?
1) The overlay when you select a target doesn't work correctly because you programmed it in correctly. Unfortunately, we are not psychic so if you want us to help you fix it, show us a snippet.

2) It doesn't work because there's no such setting (usr.target) for the verb.. Click here for more information

- GhostAnime
In response to GhostAnime
obviously, i have:
mob/var/list/target[0]
and when i put:
set src in usr.target
it says "unsupported src setting".
In response to Adam753
I bet you didn't look at the link I provided properly... "set src in List".. the thing is, you can't use any /list but lists that are listed in the argument definition for List (eh, that's a bit of a confusion neh?).

The reference states that the only supported "list" usable are: view(), oview(), world, world.contents, usr, usr.contents, or usr.loc

Meaning you can't use anything else but one of those... for now. The reason why "list" is in quotes is usr.loc is not really a list, now is it? :O Well, unless it's referring to usr.loc.contents <_<;

- GhostAnime
In response to GhostAnime
Wait... so is there ANY way to do this? to do something like setting src in usr.target?
In response to Adam753
for(var/mob/x in oview())
if(usr.target==x)
src=x

//continue coding using src as you wanted OR to be more accurate,
var/mob/T //t for target get it,

for(var/mob/x in oview())
if(usr.target==x)
T=x
then outside of the for statement you can still use that reference to the mob and do whatever. I recomend using an image for the target code and having it only show up on the person who targetes screen, so look up the help for image. Ive done this exact system already with the same variable name and it works very well.

in all honesty your a tad to vague, you want target to be a list? so you target multiple mobs and then do some action to them? well i suppose thats easy enough but youd just call whatever action proc to each mob in oview that is contained in target. Ehm yeah anyway next time if your going to ask for help put some time into stating the question a little more thoroughly
In response to Adam753
As of yet, nope :/ However, you can work around by adding verbs or taking them away, depending on the target list.
var/list/target[]

mob/Click()
if(!(src in target))
usr.target+=src //if the mob clicked isn't in usr's target list, it adds src
if(target.len==1) //If the person added is the first of the list
usr.verbs+=typesof(/Target/verb) //Gives verbs under the Target datum

else usr.target-=src //if it was already in the list, it removes src

if(!target.len) //If there's no one in the targeted list
usr.verbs-=typesof(/Target/verb) //Removes the verbs under the Target datum

Target/verb/Choke() world<<"Someone's being choked!" //an example of a Target datum's verb

That's just an example though

- GhostAnime
In response to Adam753
There are more valid lists that can be used with it (the src setting) than that ref entry mentions, I believe; group,client.screen and maybe a few more. Perhaps you could try to workaround this by using some of those extra usable lists; maybe you don't use the group var otherwise in your game, and you can also do with having objects with no screen_loc in client.screen.