ID:165461

Problem description:

Ok I wanna get striaght to the point..when I run my game some screen stuff appears(stat bars, health, strength ect) and everything is fine for a while, but out of no where sometimes pop ups will just stop working and the bars will disappear. Its not all pop ups but choice selections, alerts work though. I assumed for the longest time it was just a hacker and theres nothing i can do about their jealousy and immaturity, but someone told me it could be a possible bug with my coding..is it possible to have a problem in your code that will disengage all pop up choices and remove objs from screen? If it is can you tell me where I might go looking for it, such as a proc that affects the whole world or could it be from a single person that puposely or accidentally bug the world. And if its a hacker is there anyway to stop them from getting into the system, since its on a shell server, and the shell isnt mine and my host refuses to get hacker protection because it costs too much, or should I just attempt to make a verb to fix it(if I can can someone point me in the right direction, I have no clue what var(s) might need to be edited) thx in advance..hope this wasnt too long to read..

well it won't be a hacker since its only on your comp
In response to Mrbunny88
Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling BYOND?
In response to Quest Industries
if your not going to help me then don't make a damn post. Its completly immature and in the wrong forums to attempt to degrade me by saying "make your own game". And yes I have tried uninstalling byond, but I do not believe this is the problem. It just happens randomly.

[masking your cursewords is the same as typing them out to begin with. don't do it again please.. -digitalmouse]
SS10trunks wrote:
Problem description:

Ok I wanna get striaght to the point..when I run my game some screen stuff appears(stat bars, health, strength ect) and everything is fine for a while, but out of no where sometimes pop ups will just stop working and the bars will disappear. Its not all pop ups but choice selections, alerts work though. I assumed for the longest time it was just a hacker and theres nothing i can do about their jealousy and immaturity, but someone told me it could be a possible bug with my coding..is it possible to have a problem in your code that will disengage all pop up choices and remove objs from screen? If it is can you tell me where I might go looking for it, such as a proc that affects the whole world or could it be from a single person that puposely or accidentally bug the world. And if its a hacker is there anyway to stop them from getting into the system, since its on a shell server, and the shell isnt mine and my host refuses to get hacker protection because it costs too much, or should I just attempt to make a verb to fix it(if I can can someone point me in the right direction, I have no clue what var(s) might need to be edited) thx in advance..hope this wasnt too long to read..

Why don't you just show us the code you think is causeing the problem?
In response to SS10trunks
SS10trunks wrote:
I dont need this bull**** like..make your own game and s***..if your not going to help me then don't make a damn post. Its completly immature and in the wrong forums to attempt to degrade me by saying "make your own game". And yes I have tried uninstalling byond, but I do not believe this is the problem. It just happens randomly.

It possibly might be helpful...Some guy COULD have put a snippet of coding into the files you made/downloaded(idk if your game is original or not) that lets them have control over your game. I know I would do that. :P