ID:165514

how do u allow people to rank your game on your hub??
You don't have control wether or not you want people to rank your hub. The only requirement is that your hub entry is visible (not suppressed by BYOND Staff or hidden by yourself).
In order to get an actual BYOND rank however, there has to actually be BYOND Members ranking your game to begin with!

So the answer should be simple here: you're already allowing people to rank your hub, but they just aren't giving you a rank back. The lack of a rank simply means that no-one has bothered to add your game to their favorites list, possibly because it's a Naruto game and we've already got 500 of those.

If no-one will rank your game, I think it's best for you to consider if you want to develop your game at all. You're making a Naruto game, and last time I checked there were so many of them I couldn't even properly browse the hub because of them.
In response to Android Data
thx also no one has ranked it cuz i told them they could when the game gets up and since like about 60-70% of naruto games are rips most people will probably play my game
In response to Android Data
Android Data wrote:
If no-one will rank your game, I think it's best for you to consider if you want to develop your game at all.

that's complete horse-pucky. the current ranking system only reflects the popularity of a game, and has nothing to do with how well it is developed or made. we should not be discouraging people just because you beleive no one will rank their game, based on its theme. a game should live or die on its own merits, not because some people think it's cool, or are threatened into voting for it.

a couple of developers and myself are collaborating on a few games that should be quite good, yet maybe not so popular. heck, i'll even suppress the hub entries so that people come for the games based on how good they are, as opposed to what others may think of them. i'm not inclined to promote a 'popularity' contest.

the hub is a great place to promote your game, but it should not be considered the be-all and end-all of promotional/accessible methods.
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
that's complete horse-pucky.

I was mainly referring to his game being yet another Naruto game. Original Naruto games take a LOT of time to develop, and I don't think this guy is ready yet although this IS based on precognition.

And the popularity DOES matter to an extent. If no-one ranks the game at all, chances are nobody even joins it. It may not get noticed, or people simply don't join it because they don't like it. In that case, it will die on it's own.

Meh. You're right, I'm wrong. Not going to make a whole argument on this one. If the game weren't a Naruto game, I wouldn't of reacted the way I did. Sorry 'bout that.
In response to Killacentral
so will anyone rank my game plz?
Killacentral wrote:
so will anyone rank my game plz?

Since you're so polite, I will.
In response to Elation
thx just type in killacentral in the search thing and u'll see my game called naruto shinobis legacy
elation y did u unrank us
You never asked Elation for how long to rank you... besides, it's up to Elation to decide when to rank it and when to take it off....

Favourites is what it says, not a free-rank-giveaway-because-someone-asked thing.

Please, do not ask people to rank us, because the final choice is up to us not yourself... so if you want a better ranking, make a more appealing game.