ID:1657830

Hello Byond members, I'm posting this off-topic forum today to ask a question to its community that was asked to me from a former Byond member. Was Naruto GOA before its time when it was released? An you know when he asked me this I sat for a few seconds to think on that question, an then answered his question. An I do think Naruto GOA was before its time, an reason being when I was introduced to byond an got into all the created games made from its previous and current members of its community. All the Naruto games I had came across that was popular averaging 30-60 players on its server a day were all training log systems. Where a player takes their base character icon place it near an log icon, an set a macro to train on that log till they reached a certain level an there stats where at a desired number. By the time I found GOA which had a decent player base, it was completely different from what I known it was a interactive system an you had to put a build into your stats to make certain moves do a fair decent amount of damage, an to do that you pretty much had to interact with one another. To truly understand what moves was best to combo off with an from there you were set. It was different indeed but this is what set Naruto GOA different from the rest of the traditional style Naruto games, but I do feel like it was hyped up to quickly for that sort of transition. As well as the source was leaked to quickly, an I myself have a vast collection of sources throughout my time on byond. An for the projects that I have helped started or own myself personally. I would never leak those sources because thats what holds my idenity as a Byond Member an what sets me apart from the rest of our community. If some of you may look on page I'm building a Soul Eater game as a huge spin off of GOA yes I'm using the base Icon an some of the hairs that was originally created for Naruto GOA. Thats just it far as me using pre-made work everything else has been from the ground up coding, other icons, screens ect an when I do finish this project I hope it takes off well if not you won't see me leaking it for others. Sorry that I sort of got off topic just throwing in my personal feelings, thoughts and opinions on this matter. So what do you think Byond Community was Naruto GOA before its time? Leave your comment below stating your opinion on why or why not it was released to early.
That was pretty hard to read. Poor grammar aside, I'm not sure what you mean by "before its time". You seem to be implying that GOA was too advanced for BYONDers to appreciate when it came out. I do think that some of the things that GOA added to the traditional BYOND Naruto game were good, but nothing revolutionary. Either way, the BYOND community sure seemed to appreciate the game because it was always at the top of the active games list.
@Fugsnarf I am implying that GOA was to advance in a way, an yea my grammar was bad on this post. I was rushing thorugh because I got other things to tend to, so I proof-read skimly through the post sorry about that.
I remember when I first played GOA. It was terrible. I ran into some dojo thing and tried to introduce myself. Everyone called me a noob. Then I ran into the little part where you could fight other shinbis. The other shinbis were using fireball jutsus and illusion jutsus far more powerful than my own. They also had Saske-kun hair while my hair was more lamer. So after getting beat up 10 times I said forget this and I ran out. Then I met a guy. Hes all like Hey bro lets go on a mission, so Im like okay lets go Im down for anything bro and hes like Im glad to hear that and Im like okay and hes said okay go this way and I say im right behind you. So we travelled all the way to Sandkage village, the village that Gara is the Sandkage over in the anime Shippuden version. So we get to Sand Nation and some of their shinbis come out like wat do you want get out of our nation and were like hey bro i dont wanna hurt you but i will if i have to and then they were like come at us and the guy who led me to the Sand Province was like sorry bro ur on ur own they look stronk and im like wat the hell bro you cant just leave me here. And hes like sorry I gotta go eat my mom made spaghetti and i was like oh its ur moms spaghetti i understand. So then he logs out and im just standing in front of two Sand Country shinbis and their like ur friend is gone now we can totally kick ur butt and im like hey thats not fair its 1v2 and they were like i dont care and im like bro just let me off with a warning and they were like no so im like you know what screw this game everytime i try to have some fun some guys come out of nowhere and beat the crap out of me i cant even go to the shinbi store without someone jumping out from behind a tree and using water dragon jutsu on me and i logged out.
tldr

ok I read ET post lmaoooooo funny! " Then I met a guy. Hes all like Hey bro lets go on a mission, so Im like okay lets go Im down for anything bro and hes like Im glad to hear that and Im like okay and hes said okay go this way and I say im right behind you."
@EmpirezTeam I completely understand where you coming from on the original Naruto GOA the player community was complete snobs. I mean if you come into a game that you know nothing about, and yea you read the guide but you want to know more on the game. An they respond calling you a noob, trash, garbage ect. Sort of turned me away from it at first, but the determination to learn how to play kept me there as a player an one day I finally got the basics down.
@Ishani937 Ur right I probally should have kept going and going and stuff but I was stressed out from all the Sand shinbi and stuff you now wat i mean. Because after that day I stop playing I was having nightmares and I had depression and I told my mom and shes like why are u sad and i was like GOA and shes like wats GOA and i said its a game but i cant win because of the Sand shinbi and she said ill take you to the doctor. So we get to the doctor and hes like maam ur son has depressions and im perscribing abilify. so my mom was like okay how much is that and doctor said 800 dollards for 30 tablets and my mom was like wow are you serious do u have any cheaper generic brand and hes like yes i can perscribe him genric brand but it will be less powered and shes like ok and then we get home and shes like you gotta take 2 tablets everyday and i said i dont want to take that so. ok one second im drinking water give me one moment to restart. ok im back i just took a sip of water now i will go back to the story. ok so after she said what she said im like im not taking that tablet and then she said if you dont take it ur not going to play games anymore and i said ok fine ill take ur dumb tablets and then i was less depressed but i wasnt interested in play GOA shinbi anymore even after depression went away so I just start playing other things like some of the other stuff on the site.
In response to Ishani937
Ishani937 wrote:
@EmpirezTeam I completely understand where you coming from on the original Naruto GOA the player community was complete snobs.

The game hasn't changed, the players hasn't changed. The second it was hosted again about 3 weeks ago, everyone that played back in 2007-2009 was on there it was like a family reunion for a bit but the game is still the same so it's not worth playing in my opinion.

It's only played because ninonline looks like cartoon network made it and no other Naruto game on BYOND is balanced.

When Masterdan passed the torch down to Kobata alot of players left the game and went to things like WoW(Rare), LoL(Rare at the time), DFO(Common), Naruto Final Fight, or even... life.
Ffs ET's posts....to funny.
i was the best goa player ever... Southend_boi has spoken.
In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:
i was the best goa player ever... Southend_boi has spoken.

^
Cloud Magic wrote:
I killed you once with blindside mabs & chidori and you logged

- Uchiha Tactics

i enjoy the goa lies they always tickle my funny bone... get it ? funny bone because my bone harden was op af and that could never have happened.
Naruto GOA wasn't advanced for it's time. Every other Naruto game out there was just absolute trash.

It was like comparing a polished turd to diarrhea.
In response to The Magic Man
The Magic Man wrote:
Naruto GOA wasn't advanced for it's time. Every other Naruto game out there was just absolute trash.

Better to make a game with the value of a polished turd than one with the value of nothing and can't even hold a community.
Attention BYONDites.

You are in a thread in which shots are being fired. Please take cover beside the nearest moderator and follow their instructions precisely for evacuation. I repeat, shots are being fired. This is not a drill.

Stay safe. Over.
i've noticed people are alot hostile since chicago music has got popular...

just know FBG GD stay winning.
In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:

just know FBG GD stay winning.

No... ya got niggas like King Yella gtfo
Naruto GOA wasn't neccessarily ahead of it's time. Because if you ask Masterdan himself he'll tell you that he was very much into traditional RPG games. With that said Naruto GOA seemed so much more advanced because the other games before it's time really had no knowledge on how RPG games actually work.

Now I do hear people in this thread saying that the games at the time were actually just terrible. Which is true. But honestly there hasn't even been another game that has beaten Naruto GOA in terms of innovation on BYOND.
In response to Tobirachi
Tobirachi wrote:
Now I do hear people in this thread saying that the games at the time were actually just terrible. Which is true. But honestly there hasn't even been another game that has beaten Naruto GOA in terms of innovation on BYOND.

If you're only talking about anime games, then I think I'd agree with you to some extent — though I'm not sure innovation is the right word. He basically made a Naruto game that was closer to the bare minimum of acceptable standards for video game design.