ID:166689

How do I make a percentage of Powerlevel in the hud? Well, i know how to round it with maxpl but I don't know how to make it into the hud. Can someone please help?

-Strong123488
Anyone?
In response to Strong123488
This is a forum, not a chatroom, please don't double post or bump the topic (if the last reply is less than a day old or if it's still on the first page)... trnaslation: Not everyone is on 24/7

I am not an expert on HUDs...but did you ever used that lil' thing at the top-right corner called 'Search'? No? Try it... hint: look for a HUD demo [Do not copy/paste, LEARN from it]

Also:
return max(0,min(101,round(pl/maxpl*100)))

That'll return the % value (rounded off) with the lowest possible value being 0 and highest being 101. Click here to know how so.

- GhostAnime
In response to GhostAnime
I find that retyping the code can help, if you don't like analyzing everything. Just type the exact same code, but while typing it, compile to see what errors come up, and see how some parts of the code affect the rest.

Just a suggestion.
~PAK
In response to Pakbaum
Yes, I did that when I started byond. I went through the first few chapters of the DM guide 2 times. Each example I typed up word from word. And then looked at my creation.

Right now I am learning an engine called Irrlicht for C++. My friend just said to copy and paste the tutorial code, though I knew better and typed it all out. I'm starting to get really good at the engine now. I'll create a simple program here for no reason now:

#include <irrlicht.h>

using namespace irr;
using namespace scene;
using namespace video;
using namespace core;

pragma comment(lib, "Irrlicht.lib")

int main(){
IrrlichtDevice *device=createDevice(true, core<dimensions(600,800), 16, false, false, false);
ISceneManager* sceneM=device->getSceneManager();
IVideoDriver* videoM=device->getVideoDriver();
device->getFileSystem()->addZipFileArchive("Map.psb");
IAnimatedMesh* mesh=device->getMesh("mesh.bsp");
ISceneNode* node=0;
if(mesh){
//Can't remember this part
}
if(node){
//Can't remember this either
}
while(device->run()){
videoM->beginScene();
sceneM->drawAll();
videoM->endScene();
}
return 1
}

There. See how much you can accomplish if you just type out the code many times. I wonder how this will turn out with DM's formatting?

ADT_CLONE
In response to ADT_CLONE
Why did you post that like 5 times?
In response to A.T.H.K
Probably a bug. i.e., not his fault.
In response to Jp
Yea it might and might not be i highly doubt its not but still no harm asking.
In response to A.T.H.K
Sorry, my fault. I'll delete the unnessesary ones. I was being impatient. I have broadband and it was taking around a minute to post. It was just strange.

ADT_CLONE
In response to ADT_CLONE
Byond has done that to me also at the same time i tried opening another topic with about six posts in it and it took about 5 minutes and timed-out then i refreshed and they were fixxing some stuff up.
In response to A.T.H.K
It wasn't "BYOND" who "did" that to you, it most likely was a moderator -- they are the ones that should confront people with such things, not you. =/

O-matic
stat("Powerlevel","[round((usr.PL/usr.MaxPL)*100)]%")

That should work with anything you want to convert to percentages.