In response to Pantheris
Pantheris wrote:
Oh yeah if you want to do that you WILL have to make an app as android versions 4.1 and up DO NOT SUPPORT NATIVE FLASH.

This doesn't affect BYOND. The web client is not based on Flash but instead uses HTML5 + WebGL.
So could their end up being a BYOND for Linux completely? Like, not just for hosting, but the full featured program?
If anyone cares, you can put your game on Windows Phone 8, or make it a native Windows 8 app if you make your app in HTML+CSS+JS opposed to the usual C# or VB.
That's one reason I'm hoping to move forward with my D-pad idea. Having a panel that can display a quick set of buttons for all the macros means that tablet users will have the ability to play games.
In response to Audio freak XD
Audio freak XD wrote:
So could their end up being a BYOND for Linux completely? Like, not just for hosting, but the full featured program?

That is the goal. The biggest hangup is the map editor. Ideally we'd just have a map format that was completely in DM, so the tools could be written as a dmb.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
This setup is really extremely open and customizable, so it should be possible for developers to run wild on the interface in ways that were never possible in DS. Transparent labels over the map? Have at it! They're easy in this venue.

Please don't post bug reports here. Put them in the beta bugs forum. Although a number of yours have already been reported. We'll get a build out later today with some fixes.
Woohoo! Thanks and congratulations for the big milestone.
I'm surprised that no one has commented on the title of the post yet. That is incredibly depressing to think about, but at the same time, it's hard to overstate my satisfaction with the update.
I'm very eager to see this make some big progress. When it starts getting more functional, expect to see some things from me. :)
Is it possible to even play Byond on MAC? If so, how?
In response to Tony Bosco
Tony Bosco wrote:
Is it possible to even play Byond on MAC? If so, how?

You can play games made with BYOND software on OS X through something like WINE. However, with the web client, just play a web client game from your browser and you should be good to go.
In response to Xirre
The sooner you start experimenting, the better; you may find other things that need fixing or even find things that can be major additions to the client.
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
Thanks for the reply
In response to Lummox JR
Will do! It'll only be about a day or two until I am able to start working on things non-linux. Still getting myself situated with some code-conversions and automatic setups.

Edit: Heck, since there's a linux release, I can get started NOW! :) Awesome. Didn't know it came out already.
In response to Tony Bosco
Tony Bosco wrote:
Thanks for the reply

Don't forget VirtualBox either. VBox can be used on Mac and runs fine (to an extent). There's some bugs in hardware mode, last I remembered. Other than that, It's a beauty. Just install Windows on your VirtualBox and you're good to go. But, yes. Playing it through the Web Client is the way to go now.
This is absolutely thrilling to hear! Amazing job Tom and Lummox, I'm looking forward to trying it out this upcoming week!
I'm currently trying to get the web client running on a tablet, and I've got chrome set up with everything it needs, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've checked and both HTML5 and WebGL are fully functional.

The client just appears to be a gray screen, would getting the ip/port wrong cause that? Because I think I may be using a incorrect ip/port.

Given the servers page on the website just gives a shortcut for the Byond client to connect to it, finding ip/ports is fairly difficult. If anyone could respond with a server they know is working, or what other issue I could be facing, I'd appreciate it.
In response to Buggy1997123
Buggy1997123 wrote:
I'm currently trying to get the web client running on a tablet, and I've got chrome set up with everything it needs, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've checked and both HTML5 and WebGL are fully functional.

The client just appears to be a gray screen, would getting the ip/port wrong cause that? Because I think I may be using a incorrect ip/port.

Given the servers page on the website just gives a shortcut for the Byond client to connect to it, finding ip/ports is fairly difficult. If anyone could respond with a server they know is working, or what other issue I could be facing, I'd appreciate it.

What game are you trying this with? Keep in mind, this has only started. There are still some issues with it. It works perfectly fine on my Samsung Galaxy S4 that uses Google Chrome.
In response to Buggy1997123
Buggy1997123 wrote:

Are you sure the game is being hosted with the beta version of Dream Daemon?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5