@Xirre

A Kindle Fire HD. Technically, not android, but it is based on android and thus far I've never encountered a android app that isn't fully compatible. My issue may be the dream daemon thing, see below.

@Warlord Fred

I didn't know that was a requirement, do you know any servers currently using the newest version?
You said you were using Chrome. It works on my Android. It works on my computer. Hell, it works on IE. My only guess is that it's a problem with the host and/or game.

A few things you should check before making any further assumptions (just to be safe) is:

FIRSTLY, check if the game is actually on the latest Beta version (507.1250). If it's not, then you're doing everything wrong already and wasting your time. Sometimes people miss the smallest things.

Secondly, make sure Allow webclient is checked.

Thirdly, make sure you are not logged in to the game on DreamSeeker already. I made a bug report on this already. It's fairly easy to avoid as well. Just log off your DreamSeeker client that's on that game.

Fourthly, ensure that the game you are hosting/trying to play has a proper interface setup. Once again, another bug report. If the interfaces anchors are crazy enough, it may just end up not showing up on the screen. Only giving you a gray (or white, which is most common) screen. The gray screen, when clicked, will turn everything white. And I mean everything. You'll have to relog at this point. The white screen is already white so I'm not sure if it turns white... *scratches head* But, yeah. Check the interface.

That's just about it for diagnosing your issue.
I'm not trying to host anything right now, I'm just trying to connect to a pre-existing server. So I can't check the version or anything else. I don't even currently have a functional desktop to host a test server.

I asked if anyone is aware of a public server that is updated to the latest beta version and has webclients enabled. I currently don't know how to check if a server supports webclients other than connecting to it, so I suspect my primary issue is that I am currently trying, and failing, to connect to a non-webclient-enabled server.
http://www.byond.com/games/TheMagicMan/Manacept
http://www.byond.com/games/EditNero/Kalero
http://www.byond.com/games/Kidpaddle45/MyClassroom

These are just a few games that I am hosting with the Web Client available. Don't depend on the to always have the WebClient feature enabled. If any problem arises, such as the current CPU usage issues, they will have to have their web client privileges turned off until requested by the owner. Other than that, they stay up with the feature enabled.

To play in the web client, just visit the respective hub and click.. play in webclient. That's just about it. You won't really see all that many games with it enabled yet since more than likely their game isn't even remotely compatible with it. However, I'm trying to support this feature with as many games as I possible can for as long as I can. Just to further the development of it quickly. So, be sure to report any issues you find with it.
At first, they would not load for me in my browser (Firefox 30-whatthef***ever, OS X 10.10.whatthef***ever), until I went into my about:config and added Network.port.security.banned.override something or other, as a string, and set the value to 6000 (the port I kept seeing).

After that, all hosted web client games started to work for me.
It worked... ish. As far as I can tell, the client itself works. The flash ad on top of it, not so much. And if it can't load the ad, a permanent "could not display ad, flash is disabled" is stuck over the client.

Given that Google is very adamant about not supporting flash this is a bit of an issue.
we'll work on an alternative provider in that case, no worries.
Thank you, I just finished sending in a bug report as well.
Fuck. Tried this on my iPad and it didnt work. Got excited for nothing.

'SMALL post' my arse.

Jk, in all seriousness this looks pretty cool :O.
In response to ZIDDY99
ZIDDY99 wrote:
Fuck. Tried this on my iPad and it didnt work. Got excited for nothing.

'SMALL post' my arse.

Jk, in all seriousness this looks pretty cool :O.

Looks? You're wrong, my dear friend. It "is" cool. This is BYOND NextGen Gaming at its finest. Watch what you say.
:P
In response to Xirre
Well I'll be the judge whether or not it's cool ;)... When I actually get a fully functioning computer lol.
ProTip: Safari is trash. Delete it.

ProTip#2: Apple sucks. (I have a Mac. I've witness the atrocity of their product.)

All jokes aside, what browser did you use though? That'd help them figure out how to fix your issue. So you can actually load it on your iPad. However, you won't be able to actually play if it's a game. If it's a chat room, you may be able to press tabs and type (if the input box pops up the keyboard. Which I'm sure it would since it seems like it's your standard input box in html. Or similar at least. This is a long sidenote...).
In response to Xirre
ProTip#3: DONT ever fucking get ios8.

And I can't delete safari :( and I'm using that lol. Should I get chrome?
Yes derp :)
In response to ZIDDY99
ZIDDY99 wrote:

And why is that?
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
ZIDDY99 wrote:

And why is that?

I'm curious why as well. Regardless, Apple isn't worth it IMO. At least specifications-wise. You could A) Build your own computer for cheaper and get better specs and B) Buy an Android phone that runs faster and has more capabilities for cheaper.

However, if you're lazy like the rest of the population and just want something to show off, get Apple. It's for you.
Well, maybe the stable release for it may be a bit better but I got the beta of it for my iPad air and it crashes literally every app. Safari crashes every so often, I can't use Skype because it crashes when I open a chat, some apps like youtube randomly freeze and the screen just freezes and you have to hard reset your ipad it's horrible.
Come, come. Come here, let me hug your pain away. It's alright... We all make poor decisions.

Alright, to stay on topic, it seems like the Web Client is making progress. :) A lot of things are being fixed.
I'm trying to read through these .dmf files. I don't understand where/how they're receiving events from the server. I was thinking that the byond class would need to be extended somehow, but I don't see anything like that anywhere.

Could anyone point out what they think I'm looking for?

Thanks!
In response to Pirion
Pirion wrote:
I'm trying to read through these .dmf files. I don't understand where/how they're receiving events from the server. I was thinking that the byond class would need to be extended somehow, but I don't see anything like that anywhere.

Could anyone point out what they think I'm looking for?

The meat of the client is in a .js file that gets delivered, which is compiled from Dart. The .dms files are controls and prompts.

The client responds to certain events, like output messages, and calls the appropriate routine such as byond.skin.output()--which is setup by the compiled Dart code--and that by default will look for the right control and call the control's output() function.

If you write a custom control with a custom output() function, you can send output there just like you would to an output control or grid. (In fact we don't have a grid yet, but this setup will allow for one to be created.)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5