Is this owing to the absolute path I executed DreamDaemon with, perhaps? There would be no $PATH lookup via that.
I see the problem. We'll have a fix out in the next release.

In the meantime, you should be able to get it working either by setting $BYOND_SYSTEM to /opt/byond/[whatever]/ or by symlinking /usr/local/byond to that same dir. The installation script should theoretically do this for you.. did you run that or just install manually?

I still want to figure out what's up with the weird file enumeration, because I don't think that is from the dart/web stuff. Does that happen in your vanilla project? Maybe it's something from a third-party utility.
I'll strace it and check it out. As for installation, this explains a lot. Due to differing install requirements, I don't tend to run the makefile. I'll implement the environment variable in the mean time.
http://awesomeware.org/Test.log

Yep, seems to be walking the /root directory again in full.
I'll look into it. I'm thinking it is due to the confusion about the "bin" dir, thiking the cwd is bin, and looking for the webfile dir one up from there (since we try to find a web/ or dart/ folder there). You could confirm this for me by testing

1) Does this happen when you have the correct BYOND_SYSTEM or /usr/local/byond (correct bin dir)-- confirm with an actual working web connection so we know that is correct.

2) Does it walk the same tree when you host in, say, /root/Test/Test2? Or does it walk /root/Test?

3) Does this happen when you disable the webclient support or host in an older DD?
So since I try to play this "game" via the web client daily to see if it is fixed yet, this just happened!

[on OS X 10.10]
Head on to chatters and click "Play in Web Client"
It actually downloads the resources and gives me the extreme stretched BYOND image
a few seconds later I get an unresponsive script from webclient.dart.js or whatever

So I went for a dangerous life and I let the the script continue and I got a very very mangled Chatters UI where my input did nothing. But I think this last part is just a Chatters issue.
Tom resolved issue with message:
The linux/bsd webclient required a the BYOND_SYSTEM environment variable to be set in order to locate the web files. This is normally accomplished through the installer script, but this can be inconvenient for testing different versions. In order to facilliate testing, linux/bsd users can now use the included 'byondexec' script to point to to the version of the BYOND program (DreamDaemon or DreamMaker) that they would like to use. This will automatically set the proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH and BYOND_SYSTEM for the respective program. Eg, "installerless" usage would be: byondexec /path/to/DreamDaemon [file] [port].
This doesn't address the Chatters bug or the strange file indexing (I suggest Stephen001 retest that in this build as it is most likely related to the server trying to locate the webfiles, although I'm not sure why it wasn't looking in a web/ directory).

Hopefully this aids in testing. You don't have to install BYOND on linux anymore. It may be logical in the future to simply make DreamDaemon/DreamMaker/etc scripts of this nature so that byondexec is always called (subverting the need to "install" BYOND), although there is a slight overhead due to the fork. This would make things more in line with the way the Windows builds work.

I recommend that you put byondexec in your PATH, and then you can just call it where you would normally call DreamDaemon (etc) directly, at least in the case of test builds that you haven't installed.
Page: 1 2