ID:167160

Ok, so I've been using photoshop to make some login screens and they arent displaying properly. I tend to use outer glows alot, and with these I change the transparency, which is where the problem lies.

The image is saved ok but when I run it in DS it appear 'funny', the outer glow is sort of layered through its transparency instead of blended. Does anyone know how to get around this?

.:: Dice1989 ::.
Dice1989 wrote:
Ok, so I've been using photoshop to make some login screens and they arent displaying properly. I tend to use outer glows alot, and with these I change the transparency, which is where the problem lies.

The image is saved ok but when I run it in DS it appear 'funny', the outer glow is sort of layered through its transparency instead of blended. Does anyone know how to get around this?

.:: Dice1989 ::.

The current version of BYOND doesn't support partial transparency. Only the mask color is transparent. Effects like glow and anti-aliasing in your image are producing subtly different shades of your background color, and since they don't match the mask color completely, they are rendered in BYOND as fully opaque.

The good news is, partial transparency will be supported through alpha channel in a future BYOND version.

Until then I suggest using a mask color that is close to the background you will be displaying the image on so that the problem is not as noticable.