ID:1673257

Resolved
Keyboard repeat behavior did not match the behavior seen in Dream Seeker.
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 37.0.2062.103
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
On the new webclient, whenever attempting to move on a game, The movement will hang for a few tenths of a second after the first step, creating a noticeable delay between it, and the loop of movement thereafter, which is not present on DreamSeeker.
I think I've noticed this after reboots, but it goes away when you refresh.
I've gotten the issues even after refreshing, tested after you have informed me.~ It is not that big of a deal, but it is certainly not desired.
A simple demo would help us!
Simple it is! http://files.byondhome.com/Inuyashaisbest/Bugtest_src.zip

1.) Compile
2.) Host on DreamDaemon
3.) Join with Google Chrome (Not sure if that is an issue, the webclient seems to fail to even load for me on Firefox so I cannot test there. Loading up until the point the resources are supposed to go away, but never do. but that's my issue, I'm sure.)
4.) Move
5.) Join on Seeker
6.) Move, and compare the delay after the first step
I think I see the issue. It looks like we're not firing off key repeat events on a timer even when we don't receive them, which is contrary to the DS behavior.
@Lummox, Actually, I noticed it in Dream Seeker too, but it is much severely less noticeable than it is in the web client.

In dreamseeker The first step seems to move slower than the rest, the speed in the web client however, is much slower than it is in dreamseeker.

The way it engages in either event, makes me imagine it as a car, the acceleration is slow, compared to the top speed, after the repeated movement, it stays at its top speed, until you come to a complete stop again, to make a turn. (aka let go of the directional key.)

Pay close attention, when the player is on the right, going left.
Dreamseeker:

Even moving right from the left, captures it, but the first movement period was really noticeable.
Webclient:
Dream Seeker:
1. Hold a movement key. You move in that direction.
2. Hold a different movement key (keep holding the first one). You move in the new direction.
3. Release the second movement key. You move in the first direction.

Webclient:
3. After releasing the second movement key, you stop moving, even with the first key still held down.

This probably affects all REP macros, not just the default, easy-to-test macros.
In response to Kaiochao
I think this report is related to what I was about to report, so if you need an example host Purgatory.

http://www.byond.com/games/Akto/Purgatory (Uses WASD keys)

The movement is also a little jumpy.
In response to Kaiochao
This is probably the same issue as id:1673257, which is that we're relying on key repeat events from the browser instead of firing a timer. Since we can't query the key state though, I should probably put in some kind of failsafe where if any repeat events at all stop coming, the keys are considered released--if that wouldn't impact this issue.
In response to Lummox JR
As far as I can tell, it's a different problem (movement stops completely until you release the key and press it again, vs. a longer delay before repeating), but I guess it might be caused by the same thing.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Keyboard repeat behavior did not match the behavior seen in Dream Seeker.