Sword Art Online

by Kboy33
Sword Art Online
Sword Art Online! Play to the death!
ID:1675367

Before the next update can be made (the combat update), I need to have some ideas for Stats. What should they do? What should they be? Post below.

My idea was to have stats such as the cores (Strength, Agility, Defence), and things like 2-Handed Mastery, 1-Handed Master, Polearm Mastery etc. However, I lack ideas as to what these should do (the masteries).
Each mastery will have a skill tree unique to that mastery.

2-handed mastery: faster swinging with 2 handed weaponry, etc.
1-handed mastery: can dual wield once mastered, etc.
Polearm mastery: faster jabs, etc.
I agree with Nero. Maybe try to use them as multipliers to a base stat that is pre-decided?
In response to Bloxhero101
Maybe I should have mentioned that the stats which aren't cores can/will cap at 1000.

I also still don't quite understand what Nero's trying to suggest (although things like dual wield will have hidden requirements).
I think he means skills and such.
Like, faster swinging, ect, things like that. I'unno.
I'd say mastery puts in as an item thingy...
Increasing mastery could raise attack speed, or attack in general, but what if you needed certain mastery for equips and such?

1000 mastery-DOGE
|
|
|-696 mastery-such skill

etc etc?
Have like a mastery bar (as shown vaguely up there) or something.
So, passive skills once hitting a certain mastery?
In response to Parctikl
I agree with what you mean with the weapon equip requirement. I was also thinking along those lines.

Still up for more suggestions!

EDIT: Bloxhero101, that could work too.
In response to Kboy33
It's a variety of skills and passives such as 2-handed mastery will have the passive faster swinging at 500 and at 1000 they would gain a skill called say.. Obliteration or something of your choice.
In response to Edit Nero
So as you level-up your two handed mastery, it will give you passives such as faster swinging? Not bad.
Seems like it would work.
I'd like the idea of hidden skills to be obtained via certain stat selection or focus.
Say you get dual-wielding, and you choose to train something certain from that point on, like, Speed. You focus on Speed. You can get a skill that revolves around fast usage and quick slashing all at once. Or, say strength. A move that stabs into the ground and releases a torrent of rock upwards.
In response to Bloxhero101
So you could basically have a different build depending on which stat focus you choose?

Neat.
Yeah, basically.
Helps diversity and enables for some cool gameplay.
In response to Kboy33
Indeed, you could incorporate mine and bloxs idea together I'm sure.
It sounds like a system I would be willing to use.