ID:1681095

i decided to get my hands dirty on some pixel art I usually specialize in anime, traditional art, and especially vector art.

So tell me what you guys think. It's obviously an unfinished product but CC would be nice.

Not too shabby.
looks like my shit
The main problem is the file format :P

Seriously though, I think it would look better if it were less pillow-y. I feel like the darkest brown and green give it too much of an outline, maybe if they were removed from the right of the trunk and the top-right of the leaves it would look more 3D?
terrible.
It doesn't look like you are pixelling per pixel(real ninjas do this)
In response to Zagros5000
Zagros5000 wrote:
looks like my shit

See a doctor...
In response to WeabooGamesInc
WeabooGamesInc wrote:
It doesn't look like you are pixelling per pixel(real ninjas do this)

Yoshi's Island had a similar approach to its art, and I think that game looks fantastic.

I'd like to see him work on improving through this style rather than make it look like every other BYOND tree.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
I'd like to see him work on improving through this style rather than make it look like every other BYOND tree.

I agree, why does everyone have to be the same?
You said it's unfinished. Finish it and i'll give my opinion..and cc.
If it was finished your opinion would not matter
In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:

how so?
that shadow
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Magicsofa wrote:

how so?

Because "finished" implies that no further work will be done on it, and so there is no point in criticizing it except for the artist's general knowledge. The OP wants to receive criticism BEFORE finishing the tree so that it looks better when it IS finished.

Get it?

In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:
Ganite wrote:
Magicsofa wrote:

how so?

Because "finished" implies that no further work will be done on it, and so there is no point in criticizing it except for the artist's general knowledge. The OP wants to receive criticism BEFORE finishing the tree so that it looks better when it IS finished.

Get it?

I get your point, but it's his first pixel and it's unfinished. If he's looking for any feedback don't "half ass" it and then ask cause it doesn't feel serious. (he may not be half assing it but just saying) I only ask for it more so cause even after it is "Finished" to his liking, then he should ask for some help. He would can grow from this a whole lot more.

I mean if i upload and say it's a rock need help. Of course i'd respond kind of weirdly.Just saying, fix it up make it presentable.
Somtimes you gotta get knocked down before you can stand up :) all my early work is trash and i was told multiple times just never gave up.
In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:
Somtimes you gotta get knocked down before you can stand up :) all my early work is trash and i was told multiple times just never gave up.

This guy gets it.