ID:168813

What is "arg"? It's nowhere to be found in the reference, and I couldn't find any mention of it on the forums. I only know of its existence because it's a keyword:
arg
arg is short for argument, I believe it was used at one point a long time ago for something.
In response to Audeuro
That's more vague than posts newbies make. And not very helpful.
In response to Thief Jack
Don't bash people just because you don't understand everything that was said in that one sentence. From that one sentence, you can figure out the following:

1.) It's probably been deprecated
2.) It's short for "argument"

That's all you need to know. If it's not in the documentation, then it's probably been deprecated or perhaps just isn't working properly, so you don't need to worry about it. So, as you can see, the post was as vague as it needed to be. If it's not documented, then how would anyone besides Dantom or any of the other people working on BYOND know? Not even some of the other people working on BYOND would know, seeing as how not all work on the parser, etc.

[EDIT]

You should really think before you post. If the documentation on a keyword is vague or plain absent, then how do you think descriptions of said keyword will be? You can only assume what it does until Dantom comes around ( since they built the parser to begin with, they better know what it does, :P ).
In response to Audeuro
Yeah, its great that you mention a post isn't helpful..and thats your post.

An arg is anything passed to a proc, and they're named. For instance, ref is an arg in the walk_to proc.
In response to Nukes4U
Nukes4U wrote:
Yeah, its great that you mention a post isn't helpful..and thats your post.

An arg is anything passed to a proc, and they're named. For instance, ref is an arg in the walk_to proc.

He's not talking about an actual arg dude, he's talking about the keyword arg. He knows what an argument is, like everyone should. Wizkidd isn't a newbie. It seems so far, the most information he's gotten was in my post, seeing as how you're stating the wrong thing and Thief Jack's post was just saying how vague my post was.
In response to Audeuro
Yeah, too bad we're not competing, or you'd win a prize!
Anyway, enough of my meaningless posts :P
I believe it was removed, it was just left blue though. ;/
In response to Audeuro
You took to hostility too quick. I never bashed you. I was just mentioning that it was extremely vague. From my post, you can determine that perhaps you could add a bit more description like you did in this post.

Eh?

[EDIT] "...like you did in this post." refers to the post I replied to.