ID:168833

Ive been wondering this for a while now, and i need to know it now since im going to be adding it into my game. how would you, say, set an ivisibility factor for things like stairs and chests, so that players cannot see them without proper items? heres the main problem though: say a mob obtains a scroll called "see traps", which wouldd allow him to obviously see any invisible traps in his view. How would i set it so that the person who picked it up could ONLY see traps, not other invisible things like stairs and chests, unless he picks another scroll up allowing him to see those things?
set vars for stair invis and chest invis seperately and add tat to w/e ur using as a check to see if the player has the certain item required. U should kno how to implement it, so im not gonna explain.
In response to Lou
Don't reply to anything if you don't know what he's asking or what you're talking about. He's asking to be able to see two different types of objects at different times. The invisibility variable alone wouldn't do this.

Look up 'image objects' and try to incorporate that into the procedure.
I think see_invisible may help, but then again, you'd have to watch out for it. I believe it controls the highest level on invisibilty you can see. So, if your see_invisible variable is 20, you can see every invisible item that has an invisibility variable that is equal to or lower than 20.
There may be a way around this, though. but I could be wrong. Try experimenting with it.
I'd say you probably want to change the icons of the listed things to make it match the icon of the turf it's on, then if a certain condition is true, change it's icon.

[edit]
I'm not sure, that may be what Thief is saying.
In response to Thief Jack
Um...i do kno wat hes talking bout. But you dont kno wat im talking bout. Whenever the person gets the object, say "The Scope that lets you see traps" item, it will turn on his "seetrap" variable. Then there will be a proc that will determine if the trap is visible or not. But if he has the "Scope that allows stair vision" his "seestair" var will turn on but not the "seetrap".
In response to Lou
And that of coarse, will alter everyone's view if anyone else be in the area. To do it that way (if it is even possible), you'd have to work a lot on client.screen.