ID:169096

I have my game and its working all fine and good. I heard there are some ways of having a title screen in your game, while still using Deadron's saving. I know you can put a background image, but I want it to have the "New Character", "Load Character", "Delete Character" options on the title screen. Is there any way to do this so I can have a better Title Screen? If so, please tell me how to do this...
Well, I don't like to use that library(nothing against Deadron, I just prefer to hard-code my own). If you wanted to hard code your own also, You could make a title screen image, and then the buttons that activate on Click.

Hiead
In response to Hiead
I understand that, and I have another saving system that I can use. The only thing is that I don't know how to get it so you can have like 3 characters or something. If I could get multiple save files, then I would use a regular title screen, but I don't know how to code multiple save files. Please help me.
In response to Killerdragon
Are there any good libraries, or does anybody have a code that they could give me that I could add in.
Having multiple saves is easy if you understand how to make individual paths for each savefile. for example you could have one path that branches of to your key and then to your character's name. You could also throw in a check before saving to see if they have 3 characters already, or however many you wish.

Hiead
Although this may be hard based on your level of skill, try reading through that library. Another idea might be to do a search through the Demos section
In response to Hiead
But I don't know how to do any of that. I am not a newb coder, but I am not advanced in coding either. I don't know much about savefiles, so would you be able to show me a code like what you were talking about?
I just want to learn how to code or get a code for multiple save files, so I can use them in my game to have a Title Screen. If somebody can send me the code, or teach me how to code multiple savefiles, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

-Killerdragon
Killerdragon wrote:
I have my game and its working all fine and good. I heard there are some ways of having a title screen in your game, while still using Deadron's saving. I know you can put a background image, but I want it to have the "New Character", "Load Character", "Delete Character" options on the title screen. Is there any way to do this so I can have a better Title Screen? If so, please tell me how to do this...

The demo that comes with the CharacterSaving library shows you how to do a web form for it...you can put any image you want on such a page, or use the demo code to set-up an on-map title screen and hook into it.

Nothing about the libary precludes you from setting up a title screen or whatever you want to do.
In response to Deadron
I understand it doesn't stop you from having a title screen. Well, I just decided to make a background image, and still use your saving. This way, I probably won't mess up my code for my game, and still have an image in the background, which is the main purpose of a title screen anyways. Thanks Deadron, and everybody else that attempted to help me.
Killerdragon wrote:
I just want to learn how to code or get a code for multiple save files, so I can use them in my game to have a Title Screen. If somebody can send me the code, or teach me how to code multiple savefiles, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

-Killerdragon

Look up the dir list var and the cd var and they should tell you about all you need to know to get started. If you know how to make a basic savefile, tinker with that concept mixed with the above vars to try and figure it out.(I really dislike giving away the answers. I prefer making people think, in turn aiding the learning process)

Hiead