ID:169099

im just starting today, and i have NO idea were to start and how to start (the games im interested are lie DBGT2, DBLive, i like DBZ/GT lol) any hints would be great, thanx
DidsKing wrote:
im just starting today, and i have NO idea were to start and how to start (the games im interested are lie DBGT2, DBLive, i like DBZ/GT lol) any hints would be great, thanx

So you're new to programming in DM and game development? I suggest you begin with taking a browse through the Demos and Tutorials listed in the resources section. After you've taken a look at these, scan through the DM Guide and Reference. :)

After that, you could possibly look at Polatrite's Graphical Mud Kit to see how a basic game is pieced together.

It takes a lot of planning and organisation, as well as patience and skill to create a game. Make sure you train yourself well before you tackle the big load of creating your own game from scratch. :)

Hope this helps.

~Sinyc.
In response to Sinyc
thanks a lot pal :)
In response to Sinyc
it looks really complicated, but im going into game developing at college, so soon i should bne able to cope with it :)
In response to DidsKing
DidsKing wrote:
it looks really complicated, but im going into game developing at college, so soon i should bne able to cope with it :)

Aye, all programming languages look complicated when you start out. But with perseverance and dedication literally anyone can learn it. ;)

Only time will tell.
In response to Sinyc
lol okay thanx, i am going to try by editing codes of released sources first, to see if i can catch the drift like that
In response to DidsKing
as when i did that with HTML, i learned it fast and easy
In response to DidsKing
It's definantly not a good way to learn. HTML is pretty much just formatting so provided you know <opens> and </closes> you can do what ever you want.
Editing something you don't understand will just teach you bad programming practices. You'd be better off waiting until you start your course.
When it comes to programming you can really put yourself in a bad position by learning things badly. If you're planning on making a living off this it'd probably be best to avoid that.
In response to DarkView
ok thanks a lot, maybe your right :) - ive always had this dream of making a game that lots of people love to play and enjoy... im just so eager i wanna start now lol :/
In response to DidsKing
the DM Guide is pretty helpful now that im coming onto reading it :)
In response to DidsKing
in fact that guide is amazing :D
In response to DidsKing
DidsKing wrote:
in fact that guide is amazing :D

Yes it's one of the best books I've read on learning to program and use a language.

And it's the best such book that I've ever edited!
In response to DidsKing
Instead of just posting posts, just edit your previous post.

alot easier.