ID:169258

How do you code it to where BYOND Members get extra in-game stuff, such as more items, in-game houses, etc.
IsByondMember()

Of course, its not recommended to give extra features:
http://members.byond.com/?command=view_post&post=2066
In response to Jamesburrow
I disagree, BYOND Members should get extra's, but if the host bans them, the owner should take certain measures to prevent this kind of host abuse within their game.
I wasn't thinking anything like uber stats, I was just thinking maybe like extra spells/skills and possibly houses they can buy...
In response to Killerdragon
And another thing, I wouldn't ban anybody unless they truly did something bad, such as spamming or hacking, or anything else that would have the consequence of a ban... I would never abuse my power and if I hear complaints of other hosts doing so, I would immediately ban them in the coding so when they try to host, they wouldn't even be able to log in. As well, I would also treat all players the same, except BYOND Members just get a couple extras, nothing that would change total gameplay of everybody.
Jamesburrow wrote:
IsByondMember()

Of course, its not recommended to give extra features:
http://members.byond.com/?command=view_post&post=2066

I want to stress that that's just my personal opinion, and an evolving opinion at that. I think that "what should Members get" should be a conversation, and I certainly don't feel I have a set answer myself, yet.
In response to Deadron
XD, well, I don't mean for the extras for BYOND Members to get out of control! And, now that I fully read through your blog Deadron, I began to start thinking on the topic more...
I thought, what if I were to add in something to the point where if BYOND Members join, the whole game gets extra parts, such as special abilities or something, and the BYOND Members in addition get the extras I said before (but not uber stats), as well as an announcement to the world thanking each BYOND Member that joins the game. I want the gameplay to where everybody enjoys the game, but I just want to help BYOND and encourage more people to get a BYOND Membership.
Do you think if I did simple extras such as this, do you think I could still do it without everybody getting flamed and stuff. I also understand that I can at anytime remove the BYOND Member extras from my game if they get out-of-hand.
I would say..Give htem extars, btu odn't give them a advantage over normal players. Such as : Give them maybe, a extra map of your game, but not 10x the normal starting stats.
In response to Mecha Destroyer JD
Yea, thats more of what I was thinking of, and by the way, you have a lot of spelling errors...