ID:169665

Okay, I was wondering. How to get something like when you use a verb, the browser opens a form that you fill out for your information in-game.

And I also want to know how to create a verb that when used, creates something like a drop down box so that you can choose one to do a specfic thing.

Thanks in advance.
For the broswer go to your Dream Maker and press F1 and search broswe proc. Then learn about that. For the drop down menu here's a good tutor that you can learn a bunch of stuff on html. http://htmldog.com/guides/htmlbeginner/forms/
The stuff on the drop down box is like in the middle of the page. Looks like this:
<select> 
<option value="first option">Option 1</option>
<option value="second option">Option 2</option>
<option value="third option">Option 3</option> </select>
In response to DaGoat787
Thanks a lot. I'll try that.
Okay, now under the code would I put
//the options here
if("option 1")
//etc

?
In response to DaGoat787
DaGoat787 wrote:
For the broswer go to your Dream Maker and press F1 and search broswe proc. Then learn about that. For the drop down menu here's a good tutor that you can learn a bunch of stuff on html. http://htmldog.com/guides/htmlbeginner/forms/
The stuff on the drop down box is like in the middle of the page. Looks like this:
> <select> 
> <option value="first option">Option 1</option>
> <option value="second option">Option 2</option>
> <option value="third option">Option 3</option> </select>

Okay, I started to read the html forms and whatnot. When I added the code I got an error:

TestVerbs.dm:275:error: missing left-hand argument to <.

This is my code:
mob
verb
Select1()
<select>
<option value="Test Option1">Option 1</option>
<option value="Test Option2">Option 2</option>
<option value="Test Option3">Option 3</option>
</select>
In response to Jay1
You're not supposed to put the HTML directly into your code like that. You need to build a text string which represents your HTML page, and send it out to a player via browse(). Bear in mind, the <select> tag needs to go inside a <form> tag as well, like so:

<form action="byond://" method=get>
<select>
</select>
</form>

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Okay, so how would I get it so that when the person clicks submit, something specific happens?

Once again I ask, would it be?
mob/verb/TestSelect1()
<select>
<option value="Test Option 1">Option 1</option>
<option value="Test Option 2">Option 2</option>
</select>
if(option value="Test Option 1")
//[something] happens
</form>

And I still get that same error about the left hand argument to >
In response to Jay1
Jay1 wrote:
Okay, so how would I get it so that when the person clicks submit, something specific happens?

Once again I ask, would it be?
mob/verb/TestSelect1()

Gads no. I just told you, the HTML code does not go directly into DM. That's not a DM command. It's part of a text string that gets sent out by browse() as an HTML page.

HTML and DM are not the same thing.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
okay then, back to the original question.

Does anyone know how to do it?
In response to Jay1
I think you need to check out this BYONDscape column, which describes exactly what you need to set up this sort of system in BYOND:

Dream Tutor: What Good is the Browser?

It requires a subscription to BYONDscape, which is definitely worth it even for a short time.

Lummox JR