Sword Art Online

by Kboy33
Sword Art Online
Sword Art Online! Play to the death!
ID:1705670

Alright guys so first for those of you who do not know me, I'm Twaon and I've been with byond for quite a while. I'll start by saying that I plan to make this a very enjoyable game so, I'll be answering any questions that you may have(you may leave questions below) and will now explain some of the plans I have and already set in motion.

I'm sure most of you are familiar with SAO already but for the sake of those who are not, I will try to be as none vague as possible.

~Stats~
A lot of you are probably wondering about how the stats will play out. Well, I like to keep it simple Strength and Agility will be the only two Main stats that you have direct influence over. The way this works is like every level you get 3 stat points. You may divide these stat points into either Strength or Agility as you see fit. Now with that being said, even though Strength and Agility are the only two stats you have full control over, there are stats that are gained once you equip a weapon. These starts are Sharpness, Quickness, Accuracy, Heaviness, and Durability. As for Armor, it's Defense, Heaviness, and Durability. Most are self-explanatory but as I said before I'm going to try and break everything down here.

Strength - Has a heavy influence on HP and damage depending on the weapon type. Ex, Strength will have more influence over damage on a Two-Handed Battle Axe than a Rapier which would be more Agility focused.
~~HP//The amount of damage your character can take before they die.

Agility - Has an influence on Attack Speed, Movement Speed, Evasion, and Action Points.
~~Attack Speed - How fast your character can chain on to their next attack.
~~Movement Speed - How fast your character can move overall.
Evasion - How well your character can evade incoming attacks.
Action Points - Every skill cost Action Points excluding the basic attack patterns. These Action Points determine how much you can use skills and will drain every time you've used a skill, though they slowly regenerate. At early levels you will not have to worry so much about managing your Action Points but, as you level up and the fights get harder you will have to be more cautious when and how you use your skills.

*By having it set up this way either you go strength build and be tanky, hit hard but not near as fast/constantly. And going a agility build will make it so you can attack fast, constantly, and continue to put out DPS but, you aren't anywhere near tanky. If you decide to balance it out perfectly then you can take damage and deal damage but you won't be ideal at either.

-Weapon Stats-
These are the stats that your weapons have direct influence over.
~Quickness - Adds on how fast a weapon can move to its next strike. For example, a rapier would attack possibly 3 times in 1 second, as where a sword may attack 1-2 in 1 second depending on its quickness. To sum it up, the better the quickness, the better the chance to faster combo attacks.
~Sharpness - Adds on to the total damage and makes it so your weapon has a higher chance to cause deeper wounds that allows targets to bleed out.
~Accuracy - A dagger/rapier would be far more accurate than a axe or war hammer. This creates opportunity to strike when your opponent may avoid. Also causes higher chances to hit vital spots.
~Heaviness - The heavier a weapon the slower your character attack patterns and actions become depending on your strength level and if you're able to wield it freely or not.
~Durability - How durable your weapon is, if it is weaker than whatever other equipment it is hitting up against it will lose durability much faster and likewise if it is hitting something with lower durability it will have a higher chance to break or damage it.

-Armor Stats-
~Defense - How much possible damage your armor can negate.
~Heaviness - The heavier the armor the slower and more sluggish your movements become.
~Durability - How durable your armor is, it will take more or less damage and a beating depending on what weapon is hitting it and that weapons durability.

~Main Skills~
Alright so by main skills I mean all the weapon, passive, and armor skills. I'm going to go ahead and tell you what is to be expected. Keep in mind that some may not be on the list as they're upgrades to other skills(ex. Tracking is an upgrade of Searching).

~Weapon/Combat Skills~
One-Handed Straight Sword
One-Handed Dagger
One-Handed Rapier
One-Handed Curved Blade
One-Handed War Hammer
Katana - Special unlocked through quest.
Two-Handed Straight Sword
Two-Handed Assault Spear
Two-Handed Battle Axe
Martial Arts - Special unlocked through quest.
Blade Throwing
Light Metal Equipment
Lightweight Shield Equipment
Heavy Metal Equipment
Heavy Shield Equipment
Leather Equipment
Parry
Emergency Recovery
Meditation - Special unlocked through quest.
Howl - Special unlocked through quest.
Fighting Spirit - Special unlocked through quest.

~Passive Skills~
Searching
Detection
Hiding
Sprint
Battle Healing
Medicine Mixing
Picking
Equipment Appraisal
Armorsmith
Weaponsmith
Leather Working
Resource Refining
Cooking
Fishing
Gardening
Extended Weight Limit
Bartering

You start with 2 skill points. Every X levels you'll receive 1 skill point to put into the skill of your choice. Once this skill is learned you will be able to start using and leveling up the skill. If you get One-Handed Sword you'll be able to equip One-Handed Swords. In order to level this skill up you'd have to constantly battle using One-Handed Swords. Skills also gain you access to that skills main source of skills. So let's say you learn One-Handed Sword and you get it to level 30, then you'd learn a skill called Cross Slash. Just a small example is all.

~Battle System~
I know a lot of you are curious about the battle system so I'll go ahead and explain a little bit of the basics behind it. You basically have this:

Attacker - Attacks the Defender
Defender - Given small window to Evade/Parry/Block depending on their Agility/Parry level/Shield.
Damage Calculation...
Possible Outcomes:

Defender is hit taking the full damage.

Defender blocks taking little or no damage and possibly causing the target to be more vulnerable to attacks. If the block fails the Defender has a chance to stumble.

Defender parries negating the blow taking a reduced amount of the damage or no damage at all and possibly causing the Attacker to stumble. If the parry fails the Defender will stumble.

Defender evades the attack/damage all together not getting hit by the attack.

That's the basic breakdown of how the basic battle system will work. You will have to time what you want done correctly and can't be too careless and not pay attention or you may pay dearly for it.

This is basically all for now, as I said I'll answer any questions you guys have and I'll be sure to keep you updated on what I'm doing.
Best of luck, Twaon. Keep the ball rolling.
This System sounds so epic cant wait to play it and if you need some help just ask your community bro :D
AWESOME!
When will it come out
if we die do we have to start all over from the begining?
please continue and there should be a max amount of times 1 can die unless they by some kind of potion or container like in zelda
In response to Earnest cool
The same rules of SAO will apply. So yes, if you die your character is erased.
thnks 4 reply and when will this b bck up
In response to Travisbishop
I cannot give you an exact date on when it will be back up however, I'm hoping to have a small test run by at least the end of this year of beginning of next year so, December-February.
I'll wire it up o/.
Catamount33 wrote:
Will there be a jail? If so when the "red player" goes to jail will he/she be in jail for certain a time limit? Or do you have to pay coal to get out of jail?

Good question, there will indeed be a jail system. I don't want to go into too much details on it yet but, basically you won't enjoy being in jail that's for sure!
i have a question about the dungeon bosses: are all the bosses gonna be in the game at once or are you gonna add them in with game updates?
In response to Heather23
Heather23 wrote:
i have a question about the dungeon bosses: are all the bosses gonna be in the game at once or are you gonna add them in with game updates?
Well to be truthful, before the game is released fully, I would like to have all the bosses in. However, in the alpha/beta version all of the bosses would not currently be in. I'd like to complete at least 25 floors before opening the alpha, and 50 before opening the beta, then all 100 on the full release. Also, I will have to read the full Aincrad version of the light novel of SAO to get a better understanding of things. (I've seen the anime but, of course it's going to miss out on quite a few details compared to the light novel).
soo.. when is the next open testing?
In response to Iconn2
Iconn2 wrote:
soo.. when is the next open testing?

I'm hoping to have a small test run by at least the end of this year or beginning of next year so, December-February.