ID:170933

Hmm...ok Can someone tell me how to make a spell that makes meteors fall in random places in the mobs view, and make little explosions where they fall? Problem is, i dont want the to hit the ground immediately, i want them to fall for a little while, like theyre falling to the ground and you cant run into them, then after about 3 seconds, they hit the ground and explode. Can someone tell me how to do this?

P.S: How would i make a spin slash verb that hurts all the people around the mob, and also puts sword graphics in all directions around the mob? Ive been stuck on this for quite some time :(
Reinhartstar wrote:
P.S: How would i make a spin slash verb that hurts all the people around the mob, and also puts sword graphics in all directions around the mob? Ive been stuck on this for quite some time :(

Well, the most efficient way to hurt the players would be the block() proc, in my opinion:
for(var/mob/M in block(locate(x-1,y-1,z),locate(x+1,y+1,z))-src)
M << "You have been hit by Sword Slash!!"
M.health-=10
DeathCheck(M)

For the spin slash, we could do many things, but I'd choose block(). Yet again:
for(var/turf/T in block(locate(x-1,y-1,z),locate(x+1,y+1,z))-loc)
var/image/spinning_sword=image(icon='Effects.dmi',T,"Spinning Sword")//Creates a circle of spinning swords around the src.
spawn(40) del(spinning_sword)

Now, that's great, but what if a mob walks into the path of the swords post-creation? Well, we'd use while(), but instead, let's put it all together now:
mob/verb/Sword_Spin()
for(var/turf/T in block(locate(x-1,y-1,z),locate(x+1,y+1,z))-loc)
var/image/spinning_sword=image(icon='Effects.dmi',T,"Spinning Sword")//Creates a circle of spinning swords around the src.
spawn(40) del(spinning_sword)//This will work because we used spawn()
while(spinning_sword)//As long as it exists
for(var/mob/M in block(locate(x-1,y-1,z),locate(x+1,y+1,z))-src)
M << "You have been hit by Sword Slash!!"
M.health-=10
DeathCheck(M)