ID:1711270

Resolved
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 38.0.2125.111
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When i try to input a space in an input in my MUD with the webclient it doesn't recognize me sometimes inputting spaces.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
http://www.byond.com/games/Gokussj99/dbzfe?tab=index

login via the webclient with the below credentials if you have no easier way to test.

login: test ~ pass: testty

I am using 507.1264;

try to type commands into the input with spaces.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

I believe it did not have this problem in 507.1262 and earlier.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

Do you have a project I can test this on locally to compare? A remote project doesn't give me the option to debug properly. It can be something pared down and simple.

Space behavior did change slightly in 1264, so you might want to try 1263 as a test to see if that's any different. The changes shouldn't have made anything worse, and I haven't seen any issues myself, but if you could narrow down for me how to reproduce this it would help a lot.
I'm not talking about output spacing if that's what you're thinking I'm talking about input spacing (commands) since my game is a mud this essentially breaks the playability of the game for example if I enter "say hi" the input will lag and I'll end up putting "sayhi"
If you need the project you'll have to wait about an hour I'm at work.
I definitely need a project to test this with. I haven't seen any issues when typing in the input control.

I'm not sure if its my setup or not but here is how it acts to me.

I'll type something first it will be fine i try to add a space it doesn't add space or space(s) until after i type another letter.
Yeah I tested it last night and I had to double tap the spacebar for it to add a space.
OK I'll send you the project via pm tonight just been busy lately :/
It seems regardless of project it does this.

I've tried it with just a simple project with nothing in it still happens.
Please retest this in 507.1268 once it's released. The input control has been modified to avoid expansion in cases where it really doesn't need to, and I think that will eliminate most issues. If any remain, a test project/verb that shows the problem clearly would be very helpful.
Lummox JR resolved issue