ID:171547

Lummox seems to believe this is not a bug, even though this just started happening after the new version of byond was released. I cannot get my pager to show up and I cannot connect to games, it's as if I was not online even though i am. Is there any way to fix this?
Since its not happening to everyone/anyone but you, its not a bug.
u might just have a internet proablem
Tazor07 wrote:
Lummox seems to believe this is not a bug, even though this just started happening after the new version of byond was released. I cannot get my pager to show up and I cannot connect to games, it's as if I was not online even though i am. Is there any way to fix this?

Please confirm that this is a problem with the new version by re-downloading version 340 and testing that. Thanks!
In response to DeathAwaitsU
DeathAwaitsU wrote:
Since its not happening to everyone/anyone but you, its not a bug.

Just that by itself doesn't make something a bug/not a bug. It could just make it an unimportant bug. :)
Tazor07 wrote:

Well, your firewall/router would be a good place to start looking. Can you connect to games if you type the address manually into byond? ex "byond://Somebody.SomeGame"
In response to Tom
Yes, it is a problem with the new version, i just went back to version 334 and it works perfectly.
In response to Tazor07
Tazor07 wrote:
Yes, it is a problem with the new version, i just went back to version 334 and it works perfectly.

You haven't really verified anything yet though.

First, this was likely a transient problem in the first place. By the time you installed another version, it was probably gone. At the time you simply couldn't connect to the pager. (It's also possible you didn't upgrade properly, and a conflict between old/new file versions was messing things up.)

Second, 334 is now so old a version that you shouldn't be using it at all, and it was way too far to downgrade to tell us anything meaningful about your problem. 334 has many stability problems that were fixed in versions 336 and 338. If there truly was a new bug that you'd found, it likely would have been introduced in one of the versions prior to 341.875.

Since very little of the pager code has changed, and it's working for pretty much everybody else, there remains almost no doubt in my mind that you experienced a transient connection problem. (The only shred of doubt is that you might have a corrupt configuration file that screws with something in a newer version. I find this unlikely.)

You can confirm or disprove this by downloading the updates and installing them incrementally, taking note to close BYOND (including Dream Maker!) completely each time you install one. If at one point the pager does not appear, it would point to a possible error in that version. But before you begin the updating process, make sure that at that time, you still have a connection to the pager in 334.

Lummox JR