Poll: What do you think?

Great! Count on my Donation! 3% (1)
Awesome, but I'm broke o.o 20% (6)
Pretty good! 6% (2)
decent, needs work.. 26% (8)
Terrible! 30% (9)
I'm Hungry.. 13% (4)

Login to vote.

Hello all! I have been hearing a lot of talk that Byond isn't making any big time games, well for the last year I have been re-hauling and recreating Immortal Dream with the help of my sister, who if you don't know already is an amazing artist and story designer!

We have been building buzz on twitter and on several sites where we are popular, Deviant art and some crypto currency sites as well as blogs and such. and we are nearing the completion of the kickstarter and the alpha version of Immortal Dream!

I thought that Byond-- my inspiration for making games in the first place, should be the first to get a peek at our project! :)

We hope that if this goes well we can hire Byond programmers and artists and really draw a lot of attention to Byond, and should it get steam green-lighted and make a fortune (*Crosses fingers* lol) then we would be able to show Byond some love! :)

Link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1160486490/ 864340540?token=1aa41a15

PS: The main video is almost done but kayla is working on the rough animations to make them more smooth before posting.
I have always loved your ideas man and i think this one is amazing i hope it will take you to the top :) keep up the great work.
@v@ Gotta love that Shiba Inu lmao ahhh, as the artist for this project I can only say that Byond is super easy to work with and really makes pixel animating fun- we've been carving this baby out since Greg first made the rough version of Immortal Dream more than a year ago!

Even if the kickstarter makes absolutely NOTHING I still had tons of fun working on this with my brother and learned a lot, rest assured, we'll never stop making games and working together to create fun things for everyone to enjoy. ^__^

@//v//@ Thanks for peeking!
Happy to hear from you guys again , thought you gave up on the development of immortal dream.. Keep up the work and post some development logs or something!
@Mikey Reborn, Thanks man! I will be posting dev logs on twitter when the kickstarter is published, We have been working on the storyline and game design for a long time and we are so excited to work on this game full time.

We discussed at length what engine to use for the full release and we decided if we used byond people would really start seeing the engine in a more positive light, not to mention I love the community here and I woulden't be where I am today if it weren't for all the kind words and feedback. :)

Glad to have your support :)
Blodocean7.
Protip: In the event that your Kickstarter fails, continue with the game anyway. I feel Chris and his team made a big mistake when they decided to just drop Spirit Age in BYOND after their failure on Kickstarter ( if that was the main reason why they quit, there may have been other reasons ). At least, I'm assuming they quit since in March, Chris said another Kickstarter was going to be "later this year" and this year is almost over.

There are a variety of reasons why something can do poorly on Kickstarter. It doesn't mean your game sucks and nobody will play it. Most of the time it just means the right people didn't see it. There's millions of gamers in the world, the average Kickstarter who's made by a complete nobody that no one has ever heard of is probably a couple hundred to a few thousand. The reason why some other people post Kickstarter projects and they blow up immediately is because they already have huge industry connections and they are able to get the word out much faster and effectively.

The Epic Minds team, for example, failed at their first Kickstarter attempt. But they didn't drop their project. They kept working at it, learned from the few mistakes they made, and relaunched. Voila, project funded ( 73k earned, 60k goal ). Don't spend hundreds of hours on a game, and then just drop the entire thing just because it doesn't do well on Kickstarter. That's ridiculous. Follow through with the project and try again. You are not always going to succeed on your first attempt at something, it'd be nice if life worked that way but life tends to enjoy testing our patience.

If this is really a game you two are passionate about making then keep striving to make it whether it has an enormously successful time on Kickstarter, or an absolutely abysmal one.
I am hoping they make the $90,000, so I can see what a sequal game is.
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
I am hoping they make the $90,000, so I can see what a sequal game is.

Just Googled it and apparently "qual" is an abbreviation for quality.

With that being said, I see what they did there. It won't just be a sequel, it'll be a QUALITY sequel!

However, digging deeper into this mystery, I found that "se" is a prefix that means "without" or "apart". This would mean that "sequal" means "without quality".

So now I'm stuck. I don't know whether to believe the game is going to be quality, or not quality. It's hurting my brain because I don't know what to think or who to trust anymore. My entire life is collapsing before my eyes.
good luck!!if it doesn't work out keep trying. Take the advice of your peers above.
Dear people of BYOND,

This is how you advertise outside of BYOND, you can learn from this.
"Our Undying Gratitude, thank you SO much-- yes you! For making our dreams come true! Come here and let us give you a hug! >__< ââ„¢¥ We understand you're poor like us, but want to see this happen-- and that means the world to us!! ââ„¢¥ââ„¢¥ââ„¢¥"

terrible lol sounds like ur trolling
I am very grateful to all of you for your feedback :) I know my old games look pretty terrible, but I haven't been slacking. I have been studying alot and making all kinds of small games to figure out more about DM I feel that with some funding I can devote my everyday life to byond programming and really make a game worthy of the public's attention. we plan on a years worth of development before release and won't put out a game that isn't great by the end of it.

As for the sequel, we have it planned out in detail (story and art assets etc.) and I have been studying marketing for months, this kickstarter has been worked on since last year, we are definitely not rushing into anything we feel we can't handle.

Also I have some friends of mine in college that are excellent programmers which have coached me alot on my techniques and design.

I know I need more practice however and will take your word and try to implement all you say into my plans.

finally, if the kickstarter doesn't happen I will never quit, I want to make a original game that I can be proud of and even if it takes years without funding I will continue.

Thanks again!

Bloodocean7.
Just by the kickstarter page, I wouldn't donate. You don't make it very appealing. The first images you see have an animation of just removing a line of pixel. The base doesn't look that good and the trailer had nothing about the game except the main premise. I hope, if you get funded, you do some serious reworking to everything.
I do like that logo, it should be displayed closer to the top, I only scrolled past the first pictures removing the line of pixels because I have high hopes for anything good to come out of BYOND into the gaming industry.
GatewayRa wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:
Dear people of BYOND,

No it's not, only the page is done nicely.
Good advertising = 0 backers? No.

"This is not a live project. This is a draft shared by Hat & Glasses Games (c) for feedback."

I suspect that because the project is a draft and people aren't able to back it yet,the fact they have 0 backers means very little.

Way to be supportive of people venturing outside of BYOND though, you're a real inspiration to nobody.
I actually thought they did a pretty good job lol. They where offerign a lot for the backers and etc. But I don't know much about starting a Kickstarter, if it was my type of game it would have caught my attention more and I would've backed it up.
Not until they open it for donations, but not until.
GatewayRa wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:
Dear people of BYOND,

No it's not, only the page is done nicely.
Good advertising = 0 backers? No.

You're so negative ... It's quite obvious the page is a Draft, it says that in a huge blackish green bar after the header.

Did you actually read the page? Videos, Images, flashy things and a great personal touch are what make this page fantastic.

Who cares if they get no backers? (They'll get at least one back from me) at least they're making an effort unlike the rest of the devs here.

So yes .. they are doing it right.

Except one thing, no mention of the free engine they're using to build the game, but hey it's a draft after all.
GatewayRa wrote:
Didn't know they couldn't get backers while it's listed as a draft.

Common sense is it not?

The recipient to your email can't read your draft...
No one can donate to the kickstarter until its live, also I plan to add alot about byond now that we've decided to use it for the creation of the game. I was unsure of how the community here would react and wanted to be sure byond was right for the job first.

I feel byond has everything I need to make a great horror thriller and have worked on cut scenes and all kinds of goodies using it.

A thing for you guys to take into account is that you are programmers, which means you will view my game form a code stand point. If I show this same page to a casual crowd they will never wonder if my code is well commented etc.

I plan on making this game smooth and testing for errors for a long time to make sure it's perfect, really I already have to hardest stuff coded, now its just a matter of designing worlds to explore and heart racing fights with the nightmarish creatures in immortal dream.

I hope that you all will be pleasantly surprised when you see just how much I have learned in the past year.

Thanks for the kind words and feedback :)

Bloodocean7.
Page: 1 2