ID:1718174

Hey guys, I have been trying to find a good, known website which you can use to create free private chat rooms on. Why? Because I want to hang out with my friends on there because we play a browser based game together. I was looking into IRC but my friends aren't to tech-savy so I was trying to find an alternative. Does anyone have some good suggestions?
Why not use TeamSpeak? Raidcall works if you don't have a hosting solution. I'd think you'd make more use of those than a web based chat-room.
In response to Lavitiz
Lavitiz wrote:
Why not use TeamSpeak? Raidcall works if you don't have a hosting solution. I'd think you'd make more use of those than a web based chat-room.

I really want to opt for a web base one so nobody has to download any client of sorts.
IRC would be just fine using KiwiIRC, which is browser based. Http://www.kiwiirc.com/
In response to Raimo
Raimo wrote:
Lavitiz wrote:

I really want to opt for a web base one so nobody has to download any client of sorts.

Can you make a private room using like... Tiny Chat? At least that way you can use your mic.
A mic is not needed, it is only for chat based stuff. And Goober, would you know how to set up a IRC? I don't have a server or anything if that is needed.
You dont need a server. Usually people just create a room in an existing server like Freenode. To make one simply use "/join #yourchannelname". The first person in the channel gets admin priveleges.