ID:1721534

I've been making a profile on IndieDB and they ask developers to choose the engine used for creating a game, from a list. Of course BYOND was not on the list, but I can add it to the list and it will have its own profile page on the site. Not only will this allow me to clearly show that I use BYOND, but I think it could also increase BYOND's visibility to potential developers.

So, any reason I should not go through with this? I suppose Tom might want someone more official to do it but who has time anyway....
As no-one else replied, I'll invent an answer that's maybe or maybe not useful :P

The general vibe with things like this is basically "BYOND probably won't pursue it centrally, but ...".

So basically, if you are honestly willing and keen to take on managing the page, then please do go ahead! If you find yourself in need of clarification of things as you progress, more official contact details to forward onto people etc, then go ahead and get in touch with Tom/mods, who can help out in that respect.
There are already games on IndieDB that link back to BYOND. Including SS13.

If you are looking for a way to increase BYOND's popularity, Tom has stated over 9000 times that the best way to do that is to create a quality game and promote it. Making a profile page for the engine on IndieDB isn't going to help much.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
over 9000 times

Funny part is that statistic probably isn't far off.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Making a profile page for the engine on IndieDB isn't going to help much.

I already said in the OP that I was unable to select "BYOND" as the engine used for creating a game. And if any other games are on there that use BYOND, such as SS13, they cannot officially list BYOND as the engine used.

I mentioned visibility for developers more as a side-note

"Just Do It." -Nike