ID:172516

Well I have a problem, I use a hud based login for my game, if anyone can help me make a working save system for it I will make you a hub banner and hub icon. Some examples here:

https://secure.dantom.com/banners/5519.gif
https://secure.dantom.com/hubicon/0/20430.gif

If you are intrested, reply here or contact me on AIM: Majinveku1
I'm gonna play art critic here.

The annoying anime face on that banner and hub icon were clearly not drawn by you. They were merely edited. This isn't really the work of someone in a position to "make" a banner or icon, which implies an ability to do some of this from scratch.

As far as the editing goes, both images are much much too dark, with almost no contrast between the dark blue color and the text, which is also dark.

I'm sure plenty of people will be willing to help you with your login system if you just post some of the code that's giving you trouble, but until your skills improve I wouldn't go offering artwork as compensation.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
but of course I didnt make the faces myself, nor did I claim to have, But the backgrounds were made by me from scratch.. -_- and as far as the pictures go I can easily lighten them.

Now for my problem, I have no problem in my coding I just need help making a saving system that will work with my hub login. And also as far as the art goes, It's fine about your comments. Some people may not like my banners but some have said they are excelent ^^ and uhh I can make other things than those.
In response to Majinveku
It's called constructive criticism.

Basically he's saying offering art for help in the newbie forum isn't the right way. Try taking a saving demo and work it into your HUD(I'm assuming you mispelt in the second post) login, which is really easy. Just set the tiles you want them to click to have a click action(check out some of the HUD demos for more on that).

Once you've tinkered with those a bit, and you're still having trouble, come back here, post some code and ask what's wrong with it, and describe what you want to happen and the error you get.

As for the artwork, the contrast is a bit bad, but not so horrible it's unreadable - any normal person would say it's pretty good without a thorough examination. Sadly, it looks like it was done with a quick color over the picture, and some simple text added.

If you really want your bannerwork to shine, try using a glowy fire effect on inuyasha(that's how I'd picture him, anyway), and add a more detailed textured backround.

Keep his origional colors - use a highlight effect rather than attempting to cover them up with something else. If you want a red hue, focus more on the red, but don't hue everything a deep red. A light one will suffice, as will outlining. Of course, I'm no great artist myself, so that might look terrible in the end. But I'm trying at least. :)
In response to Mooseboy
I understand yes, thanks. I know it was just crit and I did mispell in the second post. ^^ Anyways okie dokie.