ID:1739285

Our team (Universal Inc.) has been through many different designs for our base and here is how it progressed throughout the ages!

It's 64x64 and is designed for an on going bleach project. What do you think of it? Credits to Zete we used a one of his work as a reference to get where we are now which is the one with 'start' above it.
The base has been completed now for a while with 26 states.
The base is the most important part of the game.
I think the start looks better than the final.

The legs also look odd on all of them, namely the kneecaps. The start base has the least odd-looking ones though.
Final better in my opinion start is hideous.
In response to FKI
The legs are somewhat odd, but in overall the start isn't better than the final imo.
The first is better. I don't know where people get this idea that detail => better. Some detail is good, yes. But I will tell you a thousand times that 8-bit graphics are more appealing than, say, CoD graphics. The key to making good art isn't in the amount of detail but in how each detail impacts the viewer. A lot of small details may be mechanically intensive to create, but if each detail doesn't invoke a feeling from the viewer, if they don't add something to the experience, then they may as well not exist. Think FF III/VI against FF XIII. The first is better because its simplicity is easy for the eye to digest. The latter, well, it's just detail for the sake of detail.
First is mud.
In response to Lugia319
Details is a pain but I don't like the final because it has more details. I like the body shape and proportions better it's more aesthetic in my opinion.
In response to Oral123
Oral123 wrote:
Details is a pain but I don't like the final because it has more details. I like the body shape and proportions better it's more aesthetic in my opinion.

also the reason I prefer final.
I'm a bit worried about overlaying because some of the animation frames range from 8-10, like the running, walk etc., but we were going for the smoother flow of the animations though.
Like Yut said...
Yut Put wrote:
at least you have a base with 26 states
Looks nice. I prefer the third iteration most, the shoulders and face just need a tiny bit of work. It has more surface area to work with for clothing detail which you might be thankful for down the line.

Lugia319 wrote:
The base is the most important part of the game.

We did all the redesigns because we needed a base that actually will look like bleach characters once you add overlays and 1,2, and 3 don't fit that.

For example this is the 3rd base with overlays I did male and female (not doing two seperate bases for both sexes) The male looked decent a bit too swole though bleach characters aren't like that they are slimmer then we did a female overlay and lets just leave it at that...

Here's the final with female overlays it looks good
Sorry for the late reply I'm in Jamaica and I don't really check my computer that much, but I checked the base and averaged out the frames per state which is around 6; ranging from 1-10 I believe. The only single frame ones are jump and land.