ID:1740321

Keywords: webclientbrowse
Resolved
The browser control did not re-trigger its on-show command once shown for the first time.
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 41.0.2250.0
Applies to:Webclient

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I have a .dmf skin set up that has a browser button & pane that are normally hidden.
In the regular client, doing a browse() will unhide the button, switch from the info pane to the browser pane, and display the HTML I sent to it.
In the webclient, however, the HTML content gets sent, but the button is not set to visible and it does not switch to the browser pane.
I can set the browser button as visible, but it still does not automatically switch to the browser pane as I would have expected.

Unsure if it is just due to the way my .dmf skin is set up, in the way it is being converted for the webclient, an actual issue, or if this is intended behaviour.

Incidentally, is there a way to view the output of the .dmf to webclient interface conversion? It seems like it would be easier to modify that than build one from scratch.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Set up a .dmf interface with button to switch between an info pane/browser pane, with the info showing by default.
2. Send a browse() with some content.

Expected Results:
Browser pane is displayed automatically.

Actual Results:
Content is shown, but pane is hidden until switched to manually.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? Unsure.
In other user accounts? Yes.
On other computers? Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur?
In the regular client.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? Was only tested in the latest beta build.

Workarounds:
Presumably I could do a winset() call to display the pane.
I need information to reproduce this. What does your .dmf file look like? That'd be helpful. A simple test project to show the problem would be even better.
Test project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqgshmt5xxek418/Test.rar?dl=0

The environment is also running at http://byond.com/play/revensoftware.com:1021

In this one, it seems to switch automatically after the TestBrowse verb is used once (despite not working at all in my actual game), but after switching back to the info panel and trying TestBrowse2 (sends "test2" instead of "test" just for posterity's sake) it does not switch.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
The browser control did not re-trigger its on-show command once shown for the first time.