ID:174176

How could I change the usr.type var from say... /mob/Spectator to /mob/Player easily if thats possible, all I get is "Can not change constant value"

Thanks to all who help me
You can't acctually change the type value of a datum. You can however change client.mob (The player's mob) to a differnt mob.
Basically you just create a new mob, then set client.mob to it. Just watch out, because every time a client connects to a mob Login() is called.
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
You can't acctually change the type value of a datum. You can however change client.mob (The player's mob) to a differnt mob.
Basically you just create a new mob, then set client.mob to it. Just watch out, because every time a client connects to a mob Login() is called.

Right you are, and it's worth pointing out as a reminder that in these cases, the new Login() is rarely usr-safe (because even if the action was initiated by the player, usr would be the old mob, not the new one). So remember to use src in Login() instead of usr, and make sure to target any input() or alert() to src as well.

Lummox JR