ID:1746307

BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 8 64-bit
Web Browser:Google Chrome
Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
BYOND v 507.1072
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When running my old platformer Ninja Chonicles. I ran into some icon rendering issues.
(ignore the little note on the first image, it says the wrong thing)

I can see this affecting large trees, buildings ect. in other game projects as well.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Run a game with large icons in web client (tested with ninja chronicles)

Expected Results:
Visible large objects.
Actual Results:
Odd rendering behavior.

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? I recall this in earlier versions as well.

Workarounds:
Split large images into smaller, tiled objects.

Do you have any screenshot comparisons to DS? I can't tell what I'm supposed to be seeing and what I'm not. It'd be ideal to have source to check out as well.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Do you have any screenshot comparisons to DS? I can't tell what I'm supposed to be seeing and what I'm not. It'd be ideal to have source to check out as well.

The second image is in DS.

the source to that game is here : http://www.byond.com/developer/Orange55/ NinjaChroniclesSource.

Basically it doesn't render the same objects in the (relative) same spot in WC as it does in DS
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

Here is a screenshot comparison

This doesnt happend just in webclient, it also happends in the ds only solution I found is cutting the big Icons in chunks and putting them together. They flicker on and off when you move from one side to another.
Oh, you you're using a giant backdrop? That might explain it. I can look into it, though a good test case would be most helpful--especially with source.
Lummox JR wrote:
Oh, you you're using a giant backdrop? That might explain it. I can look into it, though a good test case would be most helpful--especially with source.

http://www.speedyshare.com/4amqm/LargeIconBuggyStuff-src.zip

Here is a stripped down version of what is going on..although it gets worse as larger icons are used...

you can see it by moving northeast on the WC..there is (maybe) a slight problem on DS as well. My primary concern is they don't render the same thing in the same spot...
was there any progress on this?
Don't think so this Big Icons invisiblity is been bugged for quit few months now, there are few topics even older. It's been a bug thats been stuck with us for awhile now, dunno if they will ever find whats causing it.

Edit:This also happends on the normal build not just on the webclient.