ID:174860

Im my rpg if your a witch you can do a fusion type spell and I wanted to know how I could like blend the two players icons or something so some of them looks like one player and some looks like the other?
This may or may not work. It will look interesting though :D.
mob/verb/Fusion(mob/M as mob)
src.icon += M.icon
In response to Jon88
I dont think that'll work because once instead of adding overlays i tried to add them to the icon...but that didnt work. Thanks anyway!
In response to Koolguy900095
You can add one icon to another and it will change a bit.
In response to Jon88
I tried adding the icons together but it doesnt even change the icons...
Id just add the one players icon as an overlay, and dither the overlay. Someone has a dithering demo.

Airjoe
In response to Airjoe
That sounds good but might look kinda weird o.0 but imma try it
Also for the name after they do the fusion how do i make half of one players the beggining and half of the others the end?
You would have to use copytext, but:
A) Im not sure how to do that, and
B) It might get messed up because of different lengths of names

Airjoe
In response to Airjoe
To make it not mess up couldnt i just make it either do the beggining half of one person and the end half of another?
In response to Airjoe
yep, some copytext()'s and length()'s are all you need:
mob/verb/Mergenames(mob/M in world)
var/newname="[copytext(usr.name,1,length(usr.name)/2+1)+copytext(M.name,(length(M.name)/2)+1,length(M.name)+1)]"
usr<<"[usr.name]+[M.name]=[newname]"
In response to Nick231
Thanks! This is what I have overall: (Note the client.eye stuff its commented out because i was testing on a non player to see if everythign worked.)
            var/random = rand(1,2)
var/newname
if(random == 1)
newname = "[copytext(src.name,1,length(src.name)/2+1)+copytext(M.name,(length(M.name)/2)+1,length(M.name)+1)]"
if(random == 2)
newname = "[copytext(M.name,1,length(M.name)/2+1)+copytext(src.name,(length(src.name)/2)+1,length(src.name)+1)]"
M.icon += 'Dither75.dmi'
src.overlays += M
M.icon = null
// M.client.eye = src
// M.client.perspective = EYE_PERSPECTIVE
world << "[src] and [M] fuse to make [newname]!"

I think im going to have to change the part where their icon becomes one cause it looks a bit funky...
Koolguy900095 wrote:
Thanks! This is what I have overall: (Note the client.eye stuff its commented out because i was testing on a non player to see if everythign worked.)
>           var/random = rand(1,2)
> var/newname
> if(random == 1)
> newname = "[copytext(src.name,1,length(src.name)/2+1)+copytext(M.name,(length(M.name)/2)+1,length(M.name)+1)]"
> if(random == 2)
> newname = "[copytext(M.name,1,length(M.name)/2+1)+copytext(src.name,(length(src.name)/2)+1,length(src.name)+1)]"
> M.icon += 'Dither75.dmi'
> src.overlays += M
> M.icon = null
> // M.client.eye = src
> // M.client.perspective = EYE_PERSPECTIVE
> world << "[src] and [M] fuse to make [newname]!"

I think im going to have to change the part where their icon becomes one cause it looks a bit funky...

Why do you have src.overlays += M ? Try just adding M.overlays to src.overlays, adding all of M isn't wise.

RaeKwon
In response to RaeKwon
Ooh its Raekwon...I dunno why I did that...Do you think you could help me with making them "Blend" together when they fuse? (Since you have a really good DBZ game and I think it has fusing in it :p)
Then try this then:
src.icon.Blend(M.icon,function=ICON_ADD)
In response to Jon88
It says that its an undefined proc...But isnt Blend a built-in proc?
Oookay... it's workaround time!
var/icon/I = src.icon //If this doesn't work, try var/icon/I = icon(src.icon)
I.Blend(M.icon,function=ICON_ADD)
src.icon = I

I see no reason why that shouldn't work. It's possible that the result won't be very good, though.
In response to Jon88
Still doenst work i tried it both ways...
In response to RaeKwon
- Make it where there is a base witch who makes up atleast 55% to 70% of the merged witch, oh and call it merging not fusion. Fusion can either attract dbz peeps, or can make people think its something its not. Besides merging sounds more original.
In response to ManDroid13
I still dont get it...Im confused
Page: 1 2