ID:1749595

(See the best response by FKI.)
So I got a new computer and i was working on this game, and I forgot to upload it to my dropbox. However, i uploaded the host files into my dropbox. I do have the source in the dropbox but it's not as updated as the host file version. So I'm wondering if I can edit the host files that i have? I have the source but it's a little bit older than the host files I uploaded. One of the only things I need to change is the staff and the hub.
Best response
No, you cannot edit the source code through the host files.
Is there any way to extract any of it from the host files?
In response to Imantas2
There is but if you knew how to do it you wouldn't bother. You'd be working for some kind of firm.

Just reprogram the stuff. If you only need to change the staff and the hub (*coughthisreeksofripcough*) then you can do that through the existing files. It's only a few versions back, right?
Well the source one is like 3 months back and I've done quite a lot then.
In response to Imantas2
Well as FKI has told you, it's impossible short of a decompiler (though I will add if you've only updated staff/hub in 3 months you're probably not doing much!). But if you knew how to make one of those you probably wouldn't be on this website lolz. Sorry man. If it makes you feel better I've lost up to 6 months of work on new computers without backups.
If you lose work that you have already made, it shoudnt be super hard to replicate in a less time frame. Since you already know how to do it.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
Well as FKI has told you, it's impossible short of a decompiler (though I will add if you've only updated staff/hub in 3 months you're probably not doing much!) <

that's not what I've done, that's what i need to change on the host files.