ID:175062

my game does this now it doesnt show the icon in my game which i placed on the map game is called icon city there suppposed to be in the icon shop
I understood about two words of that. Can you spell the problem out more fully?
Can you not make an icon trading "game"?
In response to Crispy
What he means is that he placed an icon, from within a .DMI file onto his world map.

His game is called "Icon City", and when he runs his game his icon is not showing.

Or at least that is what I think he is trying to tell us.

--Lee
In response to Mellifluous
Thought it might be something like that, but I wasn't entirely sure. =)

Well, I guess you should make sure that icon_state is set correctly, and make sure that you're placing the right type of object, and that the object you're placing has its icon var set to the DMI file.
In response to Crispy
k but i was also trying something out too i wanted to see if i can use different icons without putting them in 1 .dmi and the only reason why you didnt understand it was because i only have less then 30 seconds to type!
In response to HolyDoomKnight
HolyDoomKnight wrote:
k but i was also trying something out too i wanted to see if i can use different icons without putting them in 1 .dmi

Yes, you can :)

Crispy mentioned the icon_state variable, well, with this, you can use one simple .DMI file to hold all of your icons in, if you so wished to do so, and all you would need to do to get ahold of each of the icons, is set a "name tag" to them, then all you do is call their icon_state name.

Here is an example.

I have a .DMI file named "Icons.dmi"

I have 5 icons within that one .DMI file, the name tags are; Mellifluous, Crispy, HolyDoomKnight, Maz and Jp.

Here is how I would call their icon_states, or at least set them as characters.

<code> mob/player Crispy icon = 'Icons.dmi' icon_state = "Crispy" race = "Human" Mellifluous icon = 'Icons.dmi' icon_state = "Mellifluous" race = "Human" Maz icon = 'Icons.dmi' icon_state = "Maz" race = "Human" Jp icon = 'Icons.dmi' icon_state = "Jp" race = "Human" HolyDoomKnight icon = 'Icons.dmi' icon_state = "HolyDoomKnight" race = "Human"</code>

I could go into more detail as to how you would chose them within a Login() procedure, but then again, it would be better for you to download my Login()-Tutorial than for me to waste Dantom's bandwidth and resources.

--Lee
Mellifluous wrote:<code> > mob/player > Crispy > icon = 'Icons.dmi' > icon_state = "Crispy" > race = "Human"</code>

I feel insulted. ;-P

Wasn't he asking about multiple DMI files, not multiple icons in the same DMI file? If he is, then: You just make more DMI files using File->New, and set the icon var to each one of them. But maybe I misread it. Again. =)
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
Mellifluous wrote:<code> > > mob/player > > Crispy > > icon = 'Icons.dmi' > > icon_state = "Crispy" > > race = "Human"</code>

I feel insulted. ;-P

Put "Super " infron of the Human then, with the space ;) -- Might not be insulted then, eh? ;)

Wasn't he asking about multiple DMI files, not multiple icons in the same DMI file? If he is, then: You just make more DMI files using File->New, and set the icon var to each one of them. But maybe I misread it. Again. =)

Nope, he was asking if it was at all possible to have every image stored in one .DMI file, and if so, how would he use them.

So I showed him >:D

--Lee
Mellifluous wrote:
Put "Super " infron of the Human then, with the space ;) -- Might not be insulted then, eh? ;)

Better, I suppose. ;-)

Nope, he was asking if it was at all possible to have every image stored in one .DMI file, and if so, how would he use them.

i wanted to see if i can use different icons without putting them in 1 .dmi

Sounds like multiple DMI file to me. =)
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
Mellifluous wrote:

Better, I suppose. ;-)

Thought so >;)

i wanted to see if i can use different icons without putting them in 1 .dmi

Sounds like multiple DMI file to me. =)

Oooops... Looks like you caught me out there hehe!

--Lee