ID:1762962

Hey all,

I've been away for a while, but not without working on something, of course. My most recent project is IdleLands, an idling/incremental game (lots of features like: RPG classes, intense combat, hand-crafted maps, pets, guilds, and probably much more). I have a server developed in CoffeeScript and it's mostly stable, running all the time. Currently, the game is accessible via:

* IRC
* Web
* Desktop (still in dev)

There's also a "global reference site" -- basically, you can check up on any player, see global leaderboards, view maps in depth, etc.

Would anyone be interested in making a BYOND client? My API is pretty well documented. I think it would be an interesting project to have available on BYOND but unfortunately I don't have too much time to maintain too many clients.

Oh, and for those who remember, this is essentially my project Nameless Lands, except much more fleshed out.
The only game in the world that lets you pray to RNGESUS. 10/10, highly recommended.

I remember playing this back in Artemis. This is like that, except on steroids. Although I'm having trouble finding my character on the map.

[edit] nevermind somehow didn't see the coordinates at the top left at first
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
The only game in the world that lets you pray to RNGESUS. 10/10, highly recommended.

I remember playing this back in Artemis. This is like that, except on steroids. Although I'm having trouble finding my character on the map.

[edit] nevermind somehow didn't see the coordinates at the top left at first

Yes, the RNGesus thing started as a joke and it spiraled out of control to the point where I had to implement it. That process happens quite often, haha. Glad you found your character!
so is this basically a coffeescript game?
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean. The game itself is an idling game, but coffeescript is simply the language it was written in. Unless that's what you were asking, in which case, yes!
In response to DivineTraveller
DivineTraveller wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean. The game itself is an idling game, but coffeescript is simply the language it was written in. Unless that's what you were asking, in which case, yes!

Yeah, was asking about the language. Was just curious since I hadn't even heard of Coffeescript until like 2 weeks ago.