ID:176314

I have a five second long .wav file that I want to repeat. However, there is a noticeable silence right before it repeats. Is that the sound's fault or is it just the way DS plays the sound?
OneFishDown wrote:
I have a five second long .wav file that I want to repeat. However, there is a noticeable silence right before it repeats. Is that the sound's fault or is it just the way DS plays the sound?

It could be the sound's fault, but the way to tell that is to open it in an editor. Pull it up in your editor of choice, select Copy, and then Paste or insert to insert new copies of the selection into the wav. Then select the whole thing and play it. If you don't hear a silence, it's the wav.

It could also just as easily be soundmix.dll, which has some extraordinarily bad quality problems. Dantom are looking into replacing it eventually with something more full-featured.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I tried what you said. The sounds don't "line up" perfectly; you can notice the seam. But when that sound is played in the game, you can hear the seam, then the distinct pause.

It could also just as easily be soundmix.dll, which has some extraordinarily bad quality problems. Dantom are looking into replacing it eventually with something more full-featured.

I can't wait =)
i have a simalar problem mine repeats and wont stop how do i maki it stop?
In response to SuperAntx
Look up the sound() proc in the DM help.