BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Linux
Web Browser:Chrome 40.0.2214.91
Applies to:Webclient
Status: Open

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

The webclient seems to completely seize up and consume some pretty gnarly CPU time, at unpredictable intervals.

Although I've noticed that the webclient will take up resources the most, both server-side and client-side, when a player is near a lot of map objects. It can get pretty insane, up to 60% per player.

I've done some profiling of my own locally, and I'm extremely confident that it is not an issue with the game itself (nor is it the MySQL bug that's been a thorn on my side for a while...) but rather with the underlying Daemon processes. I have a server up with everything you need to be able to see and recreate the problem, if Tom/Lummox would like to schedule a debug session.

I get a lot of slowdown when near a mass of objects, such as tree objects. Eventually it'll become so slow that my game window freezes all together.
I'd like to add that this issue is nonexistent on DreamSeeker. When standing near a lot of world objects, the highest I see CPU go is 1% in DS as opposed to potentially 70% on the webclient.
I've noticed this as well with my project. It sucks :c