ID:1776685

Keywords: as, fuck, im, old
Tomorrow I've been on BYOND for 10 years.
I feel old. Does anyone else feel old? I'm sure theres people here who've been around longer than that.
Mickemoose wrote:
Tomorrow I've been on BYOND for 10 years.
I feel old. Does anyone else feel old? I'm sure theres people here who've been around longer than that.

Congratz!! , 3 more years for more.

I'm hoping it stays around long enough to reach that point! BYOND was the center of my life when I was younger since I never really had a life xD

[Edit] Them keywords doe
I've been around since 2008, been lurking ever since I started at Warsash though
I'll be 10 years this August. You're not alone. </3
I'll be up to 14 years on Dec 15..
I'll be at 10 years next year. I'm a realist, though. I don't feel old because I know I'm still quite young in the grand scheme of things.
I've been around since late 2006. So, I have a bit to go. Congrats, btw.
Been around since 2005 as well, so yeah. 10 years. Damn.
I'm past 10 years and I don't feel old at all
In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:
I'm past 10 years and I don't feel old at all

You must exercise a lot. That's the only explanation.
Been here since the Nexus, so since the beginning of time. I'm roughly 13.8 billion years old.
Yut Put wrote:
to think that there are some developers here who haven't published anything in that amount of time lol

dat ego#
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Yut Put wrote:
to think that there are some developers here who haven't published anything in that amount of time lol

dat ego#

Lol. They probably haven't published anything on BYOND. I know of some people making cash off things outside of BYOND who have been on BYOND for a long time. And some who have published for non-profit. Even if they haven't published a single thing, that just means they prefer working for someone. Nadrew works with Eternia. I see nothing wrong there. I do some odd jobs for small cash at times.
But, PutYut, why bring up a senseless topic that doesn't pertain to the OP? I think it wasn't neccesary to bring up something that probably wasn't investigated first. I'll leave it at that. It'd be a shame if this lovely post were to derail. Which it will because there will, no doubt, be more replies like this.
Yut Put wrote:

BYOND doesn't mean anything on a resume..
12 years in August.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Yut Put wrote:

BYOND doesn't mean anything on a resume..

It does if you profit from it. Anything you make a living from is worth putting on the resume. But, your statement is still right. You're not going to make a living off of BYOND. Unless you market outside of it. Then you can put it, and your marketing, on your resume.

D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
12 years in August.

It's like we're kids all over again. Just in BYOND. I'm almost a double digits child! :)
I've gotten game developer interviews just based on the two apps I have on my resume. Not for Blizzard or Riot or anything, but smaller scale companies that do like, mobile games or games you'd find on Steam.

Sometimes it's not about what you have on your resume, but how you present it. My app was made in like 3 days in Construct 2, but I don't present it that way. When I talk about it, I mention the amount of downloads it has, and the fact that it was featured on indie sites, which makes it seem a lot more important than it really is.

This goes for everything in life. Presentation is key. You can sell just about anything in the world or make people believe anything in the world, as long as you use the right words.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
This goes for everything in life. Presentation is key. You can sell just about anything in the world or make people believe anything in the world, as long as you use the right words.

He's right. I lost $10,000 because I didn't prepare for a shark tank presentation in front of a camera that they didn't inform me about beforehand. Instead, they told me to give a regular presentation, which I bombed and practically swamped out my opponent as a finalist. In the end, all I got was a $250.00 gift card for a mobile game that was developed for a few weeks and still came out nice. A game with many features, building, and an economy lost to a puzzle game that day. I was devastated. So, present your stuff properly. Because when I fumbled on my shark tank presentation to describe the game and what you're to do in it (within 5 seconds), I knew at that moment... I messed up...................
Page: 1 2