To me it looks like Chrome is rendering the font incorrectly. You probably need to take a look at your ClearType settings.
black outline for the text... its more appealing and easy on the eyes.

Go the microsoft route and Metro everything out.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
To me it looks like Chrome is rendering the font incorrectly. You probably need to take a look at your ClearType settings.

I went to Settings->Advanced Settings, found the Web Content section and entered the Customize fonts menu. The Fixed-Width font was set to Courier New despite it not being in the menu. I switched it to Cambria and it's much more legible. =)
In response to Southend_boi
Southend_boi wrote:

I will never, ever do that. Metro is a hideous abomination and all designers who emulate it on purpose should be deported.
Harsh. I quite like the metro design.
In response to ACWraith
For the curious, it wasn't Chrome so much as Windows. Chrome is just providing me with a workaround.

http://windowsitpro.com/msrc/ patch-tuesday-font-corruption-kb3013455
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Southend_boi wrote:

I will never, ever do that. Metro is a hideous abomination and all designers who emulate it on purpose should be deported.

it was a joke metro is too... lifeless to me honestly o_O i like what Akto did i do however feel theres too much of 1color tho more life! Yellow, blue, white and a dark gray
Don't blame Lummox JR for the design-- the early 2000s look (well, I think it's more like 2004) is all my decision! Although I'm not a big fan of Metro and this modernist stuff either, the main thing is that we don't want do do yet another huge revamp when there are far more important things on the slate.

I like PopLava's mockups and we may integrate them (or parts of them). We played around with gradients and borders and such in this latest modification and tried to go as simple as possible, and I think the result is pretty good!
You've made progress from the initial rework. That I can say.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
We played around with gradients and borders and such in this latest modification and tried to go as simple as possible, and I think the result is pretty good!

I agree; it's much improved. I wouldn't have any issue if the design stayed the way it currently is.

In response to Fugsnarf
Same. The only thing I'd really like to change is the preview of what games on your favorites list is live again.

There's plenty of space to the right of the star to display 8 games or so with the small icons.
Yeah, we'll restore the live games in some form. Personally, I think an intuitive way to do it would be to just have the friends/favorites toggles be active on hover, so you could easily pop to your friends and live games without having them take up any space. Also, Lummox JR just added the player count status on your favorite games in the dropdown-- live friend status coming soon!
@Tom/Lummox, is there any way we can get .gifv/.webm embed support on BYOND? Animated gifs are becoming a popular way to show off project progress, and it's not uncommon for me to upload .gifs in excess of 50-100MB to gfycat, and .gifs in excess of 20-50MB to imgur. It'd be nice if we could actually get gifv and webm embedding put together on the site so we get a more seamless gif viewing experience and gif heavy updates don't burn quite as much bandwidth for the end user.

Cheers!
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

I was very embarrassed when I discovered gfycat just yesterday while preparing a post for Reddit. I had been uploading the images directly without a thought to condensing them prior...

I'd definitely put the embed support to use in future posts.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6