ID:1790371

More people wanted me to advertise these so I will. Every new video I'll post it up in here now to get the most people acquainted with my series. This series followers me as I make a game and as I explain the coding and my methods.

Here are the links to my newest videos
Part 8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Usena9FBA FIXED SONG
part 9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzfR4v_p3x0

So we are up to part 9 now and have quite a fair amount of knowledge to get you started. I pretty much have gotten you started on a strong start to basic combat and AI throughtout the nine that are out. UPDATED WEEKLY!!!!

Here is part one if you have never followed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4FhvlaHv7k
I would recommend finding a more mellow background loop to use. The one you have now is very distracting. Find one that fits the tone of what you are doing or talking about.

Also, for tutorial videos, I would definitely recommend trying to get some good editing software and developing a script to use. The main point of tutorials is to convey a concept very clearly to someone else so that they learn more about it, so you want to minimize "fluff" (Especially "ums") as much as possible. There are a lot of things that you don't need a hard-written script for, but tutorials are usually not one of those things due to the nature of how clear you need to be.
In response to Albro1
haha some one said my songs before were too sleepy so I used that one, that is only for part 8 though. I'm not going to use good editing software. Im using esvid because its very casual and quick, I'm not too concerned about my ums Im no editor. And what do you mean things you don't need a script for? Even if you didn't scripts are the best!!!
In response to DanteVFenris
DanteVFenris wrote:
haha some one said my songs before were too sleepy so I used that one, that is only for part 8 though. I'm not going to use good editing software. Im using esvid because its very casual and quick, I'm not too concerned about my ums Im no editor. And what do you mean things you don't need a script for? Even if you didn't scripts are the best!!!

I feel like you missed the entire purpose of his post. Lol.
In response to D-Cire
I think I got it, I'm just telling him why Im not. I just don't want to learn the process of editing. If someone wants to compete with my series they can but so for all byond tutorials don't even have speech. So im still uping my game with comparison to the rest. I do understand the issues, I just don't have the time to do all the stuff he is insisting. If someone does however they can go right ahead and out do me.

I still believe I do the concepts quite clearly and even if they don't I tell them they are welcome to contact me
oh nevermind my bad... I thought you meant script... as in a coding script. You mean something I wright down in order to know what I am doing. The problem with that is ussually when Im making them not even I know what I'll be doing. I just go with the flow that is my style.

But i could make some jotenotes before.
In response to DanteVFenris
DanteVFenris wrote:
If someone wants to compete with my series they can but so for all byond tutorials don't even have speech. So im still uping my game with comparison to the rest. I do understand the issues, I just don't have the time to do all the stuff he is insisting. If someone does however they can go right ahead and out do me.

:)

I was giving you advice out of experience. I haven't had the luxury or motivation to go back and keep doing those, but I did learn some things from what I did. Just trying to help you out. :)

EDIT: Eww, forgot how bad my mic used to be. :/
In response to Albro1
Yea i know, thank you. But yea the music was just a joke. I'd rather more people make tutorials Im sorry if it come out negative. Id rather have more people make tutorials. It means more people can learn this and more games.

edit:more good games. We have a lot of games but i think i can count the games i consider good on one hand(unless there is hidden treasures that I didnt see). Due to most byond games having no- enemies, healthbars, objectives, direction, keys associated with verbs...

Thank you :), but yea like you i dont have the luxury to edit. I might wright some jotenotes down for a script howevver now.
In response to Albro1
though i am a huge metalhead, so to me it is perfect!!! but i know it would bother others. Ill post the some one with a good song next time
Thanks for the tutorials, I have just finished watching them all.
In response to Snail45
sweet man, i try to post new ones every friday. If you need any help ask me, I hope it helped