In response to Unwanted4Murder
Hahaha, nice! Think of it like programming, if you will. You need that mix of read knowledge and practice really, to get good with it. It's worth the investment really, given quite what a detriment consistently shitty eating habits is to your bodily and frankly sometimes mental well-being.

I still hit up youtube sometimes for really basic cooking stuff I just happen to have not done before. Like legit "How to boil egg" type stuff. Better that than blind guessing it all.

Paying attention also helps. The shit I've seen people burn at university simply because they walked away or were engrossed in their phone game is just cray.
A big problem I see is people putting the stove burner on WAY too high. I had a roommate complaining about how our non-stick pan always burns when he cooks on it. I cook on it all the time with no problems, so I just peeked under to see the burner and it was turned all the way up. You should expect your food to do that when it's that high.

Also, what Xirre linked to for the noodles is just about exactly what I do.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
Also, what Xirre linked to for the noodles is just about exactly what I do.

Where I messed up is this...

"Take your time. Yet, be quick."

I took too long to cut the noodles. I didn't let it rest long enough because I was actually making it for my aunt also who visited and who I was going to see in a few hours. So, I rushed it. The noodles ended up breaking, getting too thick because of the constant "fixing" I tried to perform on them by adding a bit more flour to prevent sticking to the cutting board... Just a whole mess! I guess it's just something that comes with practice. But, all I can say is one you mess up, you mess up! lol. I wish I could have squeezed the dough through a grater or whatever.
In response to Unwanted4Murder
Unwanted4Murder wrote:
Not really a "no no." I'm just a terrible cook. I've been known to burn eggs.

Don't worry, after working in a dining center for a little over a year I've come to realize probably the majority of people don't know how to cook a freaking egg.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
...don't know how to cook a freaking egg.

I learned how to make eggs when I was 8. Primarily because people kept making them how I didn't like them. I don't eat yolk. And I don't like them soft. They have to be crunchy or else I'll feel sick.

While I'll still eat eggs with yolk in them, or eggs that aren't crunchy, I very much prefer them the way I described earlier. It's just a strong preference.

This isn't an exact picture from the dining center I worked at but this is pretty much what the idiots were doing to the eggs:

This is disgusting. The eggs don't even taste like eggs at that point, more like dirty carpet. I should not have any brown throughout my eggs with all of the moisture cooked out of them. They should also not be so creamy to the point where it's the consistency of chowder and I can barely pick it up with my fork. The pricks seldom got it right. They were mostly always either too dry and brown or too soupy. Dumb bastards ruining my breakfast.
i know how to make a mean sandwitch

i'm so hopeless
In response to EmpirezTeam
I feel sick looking at that.
That egg isn't even cooked dude.. You can see the yolk still moist and stuff... ugh. Report those bastards.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6