ID:1794662

Hello Readers! Sorry for the day delay, hopefully that won't happen so often. Here is a shout out to the BYOND Reddit communities /r/BYOND and /r/dreammakers. Check them out for additional opportunities for community involvement and feedback. Game updates ahead!

BYOND Games

The in-development RPG, Cursed Luck, formally known as Unluckiest by DanteVFenris has seen progress around its interface system lately. From concept art drawn in paint, to implantation and experimenting, and ending with a completed equipment system. Also shown is a fight with oversized turtles and a mining demonstration.

Guild of Magic is now live and ready to be played. Version 1, recently posted by Kaliba, offers a summary of the changes that have been made so far. The highlights are the changes to many of the spells, a huge and brand new map to explore, and the ability for players to create their own structures and buildings.

Spawning from a mini project, Kumorii has taken and created Skirmish, a capture the flag game with guns. Keep an eye out for a public testing server. Previous tests have enabled the fixing of several issues, and improvements have been made to the combat system. Unlike many other action games in this category, AI units will join and fight against you, enabling single player fun! Teaser (screen)shots have been fired.

My Life as a Spy has been having an event this past week, where all rewards are tripled. The event ends this Saturday, so if you have never played the round based strategy game, it is certainly worth a shot in the dark.

IchiroKeisuke is sharing information about the progress surrounding Rice, an RPG that is currently in development. Character creation is live. Chat systems are online. User interfaces are complete. Looks like everything is going well!

Manio has posted a status update on Event Horizon. He is still plugging away at the game, working on round progression, tweaking, and balancing. A new map has been planned, and a release has been set for the upcoming month.

Avalon, the fantasy RPG has updated to version 13.402. Taint_thewizard tells us that many interface elements have changed, players have new icons, and that there are more secrets, weapons, and monsters to discover.

Phat T's Path of Hero has seen several updates recently. New worlds are ready to be explored now that players are free of the grid. Bosses yell the name of the attack they are using, before actually doing it, just like in the movies. A guide is available for new players to check out, as well as for old players to reference.

Kalero is an RPG currently in development. This past week the game has progressed to version .3. Edit Nero tells us that three classes have been added, the mage, warrior, and clerk. Players can now party together and find an amulet and armor from monsters. Plenty of screenshots are available to view as well.

Sigrogana Legend 2 has been updated two times recently. Players can now make friends with Youkai, a new class call the Dullahan can be played, and a whole boatload of adjustments and bug fixes have been made. In addition to that, new screenshots can be viewed on the game's hub page.

BYOND Resources

When will people learn? BYOND was made for SS13.
The day delay just hypes me up even more
If Goku could do that, it sure would have shortened the series.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
I'll
just
leave
these
here

I enjoyed that very much.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
I'll
just
leave
these
here

I'm sorry but that just can't come close to compare to SS13.

Yeah... It doesn't have constant lag spikes or poop suits. ;P
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:

Yeah... It doesn't have constant lag spikes or poop suits. ;P

Atleast it's not as boring as watching paint dry.
Skirmish looks interesting.

Ter13 wrote:
I'll
just
leave
these
here

Cool stuff.
Looking forward to seeing where Skirmish goes, nice to see all the other games progressing nicely, and hoping to get some projects of my own worth showing around here soon.

But first I must see about having an eye exam, because I think mine may have been damaged when Ter13's post caused them to briefly pop out.
is it possible to get my new image in? its so much more captivating just a giant eye hehe.

Im also glad to see a bunch of new projects still on going. Some of them just look incredible.

In response to EvenInDeathIStillServe
with all the lag its pretty much like watching paint dry...

ooooooo shots fired I am bad.
Glad to see you've been continuing this, Higoten.
In response to Lige
Lige wrote:
Glad to see you've been continuing this, Higoten.

Same. Although, this WB post was a bit dull. Nothing marvelous happened this time. Hopefully the next one has some sugar, spice, and everything nice! :)
Just what I've been looking for.
In response to Pixel Realms
You guys seem almost done? Or at least almost ready to release version 1.0 as an mmo is never really done.

Your game looks gorgeous. And you can tell the coder is doing a dang good job too with how clean everything is.
We'll be testing mid-summer, maybe sooner. There's still a lot to get through, but the bulk of things is out of the way.
You guys seem almost done? Or at least almost ready to release version 1.0 as an mmo is never really done.

If they aren't already in "Content Hell", they likely will be soon.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6