ID:1801046

(See the best response by Kaliba.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Problem description:For some reason in the map editor the tile looks normal but at runtime it's to the left.

Best response
Are the lamp posts turfs, or are they objects?

If they are turfs then the issue is because at runtime overlapping turfs merge to become a single turf, so if you're using shift to change the alignment of a turf then it will shift for the entire turf. I'd recommend changing them to objects.
In response to Kaliba
Ah I see. I'll try it, thanks.
Just to clarify- If you stack two turfs in the map editor, the top most turf is actually an overlay to the first.
In response to Lavitiz
Lavitiz wrote:
Just to clarify- If you stack two turfs in the map editor, the top most turf is actually an overlay to the first.

Sorry, but this is not true. When there are multiple turfs in one tile, BYOND simply merges the turfs instead of "actually" overlaying them.

You'll notice in this experiment, that these turfs all have an overlay size of 0.

I appreciate trying to help the community, but I feel that redundant clarification and misinformation isn't very healthy in a forum like this.
Actually, I was wrong. Turfs underneath the top most turf are added as underlays.

I'd second that misinformation isn't very healthy in a forum such as BYOND. I guess we should both ensure we're accurate before posting from now on. ;)

Solved.