ID:180375

How could I make savefiles go to the players' computers instead of the server? I guess the term for that is "Client side saving".

Thanks.
On 7/10/01 10:48 pm Cinnom wrote:
How could I make savefiles go to the players' computers instead of the server? I guess the term for that is "Client side saving".

It's kinda difficult, but entirely possible. Ebonshadow does this for SR, so if he's not overly busy you might be able to ask him. =)
In response to Spuzzum
On 7/11/01 4:49 pm Spuzzum wrote:

It's kinda difficult, but entirely possible. Ebonshadow does this for SR, so if he's not overly busy you might be able to ask him. =)

And I'll be adding Ebon's functionality to the CharacterHandling library when I get to it. Aside from laziness and other projects, one reason I haven't yet is because I want to be using the feature before I export it to others. Fortunately, the new L&D should give me opportunity to do that...
In response to Deadron
On 7/11/01 5:21 pm Deadron wrote:
On 7/11/01 4:49 pm Spuzzum wrote:

And I'll be adding Ebon's functionality to the CharacterHandling library when I get to it. Aside from laziness and other projects, one reason I haven't yet is because I want to be using the feature before I export it to others. Fortunately, the new L&D should give me opportunity to do that...

Thanks guys, I already figured it out (use the client Import and Export)

Which reminds me, I found another horrible bug in the help ;)