ID:180899

Is it possible to host a BYOND world ON the web (like if i have a website at geocities or something like that)?

oh yea, Guy T, if you see this then please answer the last question i had on my other post way down there. thanks
Is it possible to host a BYOND world ON the web (like if i have a website at geocities or something like that)?

Generally not. The hosting options (as I understand them) are something like this:

* host on the Dantom server. (free now, cheap soon [and maybe there will still be a free option too])
* host on your home machine-- for most people, this means you'll have to run a little program to determine your current network address, and let your buddies know right before playing, but it's still quite do-able. (But the game might be slow if the person hosting has, say, a 56K modem and not a cable modem, DSL, or whatever.)
* get a "shell account" somewhere (price usually varies depending on what you're trying to do... Dantom will probably offer this too)

oh yea, Guy T, if you see this then please answer the last question i had on my other post way down there. thanks

I'm on my way!