ID:180908

Whenever i update(my map) or compile, DM creates multiple copies of everything on the map. Why is it doing that and how do i get it to stop?
On 9/29/00 5:13 pm Cinnom wrote:
Whenever i update(my map) or compile, DM creates multiple copies of everything on the map. Why is it doing that and how do i get it to stop?

This sounds like a bad bug. This used to happen in the past, but I fixed that a long time ago. I assume you are running a current version (250 or later), right? Does this happen on all of your worlds? I'll need more information.
In response to Tom H.
On 9/29/00 5:29 pm Tom H. wrote:
On 9/29/00 5:13 pm Cinnom wrote:

This sounds like a bad bug. This used to happen in the past, but I fixed that a long time ago. I assume you are running a current version (250 or later), right? Does this happen on all of your worlds? I'll need more information.

okay, i downloaded the latest version and now it works, but my last version wasn't very old (i think 23x)

thanks
In response to Cinnom
okay, i downloaded the latest version and now it works, but my last version wasn't very old (i think 23x)

Wasn't very old? In BYOND time, 2 months is ancient history! :) BYOND releases are becoming fewer and farther between now... the bugs are being ruthlessly hunted and killed.

Just as an interesting (to me) historical note, even a year ago the package was very usable. But we users, being the jerks we are, kept requesting new features, which occasionally broke features that had worked previously! And of course Dantom is always thinking of new things that are just too nifty not to implement.

Anyway, the current 251 release seems pretty stable, and hopefully 252 (coming literally any minute now!) will continue the pattern...