514.1559 (Notes)

A couple of regressions slipped through. Even though we didn't need a new Linux release, I put one up anyway.
514.1560 (Notes)

Yet another issue got through and it did affect the server, and apparently also the pager.
514.1561 (Notes)

Another quick client fix for an intermittent issue as a result of the input lag fix. No Linux release this time.
514.1562 (Notes)

Finally 514 is in the stable release channel! Work on 515 begins in earnest!

This release fixes a number of small issues and some rather big ones, like finally dealing with the timing problem where clients under stress stopped responding to input properly and often had mouse lag. Also there's a big animation fix in here that deals with a bit of an unusual case.
514.1563 (Notes)

Yikes! Some horrific issues with animate() including hangs and crashers snuck through testing. Multiple problems were observed and dealt with in this release.
514.1564 (Notes)

Still more fixes needed to be done for animations. Things are looking the way they should now.
514.1565 (Notes)

One last crasher was hiding in the server code from the animation changes, but it was a subtle piece of work that was highly intermittent. Thanks to all the guys on coderbus who helped steer things in the right direction.
514.1566 (Notes)

Hopefully this is the last maintenance release pertaining to animation for a while. A number of small issues have been resolved, plus a nasty but very rare server hang, and a crash on clients connecting to slightly older 514 servers.
514.1567 (Notes)

A few bug fixes were piling up, so it's time for another maintenance release. Work on BYOND 515 continues.
514.1568 (Notes)

Doh! A major issue snuck in past testing. To make a long story short, objs and mobs initialized the particles var in between a bunch of visual contents vars that got grouped together, so the initialization accidentally got lost, resulting in junk data. This in turn led to some datums deallocating unexpectedly, especially in big projects. The telltale was a series of bad DecRefCount() calls in the world log.
514.1569 (Notes)

It's time for another maintenance release, since the bug fixes were stacking up. Quite a few little issues are dealt with in this one.
514.1570 (Notes)

It's been a while since the last maintenance release and there are some important fixes in this mix. 515 is still moving forward.
514.1571 (Notes)

Eek! A nasty crasher snuck in past testing, since it only happened in certain situations. This release fixes the issue.
514.1572 (Notes)

Another maintenance release, with a big focus on particle issues discovered by some of our friendly neighborhood SS13 coders.
In response to Lummox JR
514.1573 (Notes)

The last maintenance release of the year (I hope!) with some minor fixes and some more tweaking to the high-precision timer on the client.
514.1574 (Notes)

The last maintenance release of the year (I hope!), again!

A crasher snuck in thanks to one of the memory leak fixes and it didn't show up in extensive testing, but did show up in a newer version of the game code that had changed a few things. This is a client-only fix, but I'm doing a Linux build too because screw it, let's be thorough.
514.1575 (Notes)

The last maintenance release of the year (I hope!), for real this time.

Although technically I'm bucking the Friday curse, the timer changes from 1573 were a little iffy in some games, namely SS13, causing a lot of stuttering and frame skips. The frame skipping is way less aggressive now. Merry Christmas spessmen!
514.1576 (Notes)

Finally, the first new maintenance release of 2022. This includes a huge speed boost for the compiler for certain games; it might have some influence on games like SS13 as well.
514.1577 (Notes)

A regression snuck through in some really rare cases, so that had to be taken care of.
514.1578 (Notes)

A rare Sunday release. Super service! Some more subtle but big regressions have been fixed.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29