ID:180964

The BYOND forums are not a chat room. When you post a topic, make sure it is relevant to the current forum. If you post in "Off Topic", at least insure that the post is of some interest to the general populace (ie- don't talk just to be heard). When you post a response, stay on topic and include some content. "I agree", "LOL", "kewl"... that is not content! I am advising the moderators to take a stricter stance on babble posts (especially outside of Off Topic). They will be summarily deleted.

If you feel the need to chat, go to a chat room. There are plenty of them on BYOND; we are, after all, a chat-room creating tool. Here is a robust one: http://www.byond.com/hub/Xooxer/Chatters

I am sorry if this sounds oppressive, but I want the forums to be a place where people can extract useful information, not worthless babble.

Tom wrote:
The BYOND forums are not a chat room. When you post a topic, make sure it is relevant to the current forum. If you post in "Off Topic", at least insure that the post is of some interest to the general populace (ie- don't talk just to be heard).

You heard the man. Starting now, "Off Topic" posts that don't have some shred of depth to them are being deleted. I closed a few to make the point; from now on they are deleted.

I happen to like "Off Topic". It's frequently the forum I read the most. Please don't cause it to be removed.
Tom wrote:
The BYOND forums are not a chat room.

But now there is Chatters! Congratulations to Xooxer -- Chatters has now been added to the Community box on the left.

Xooxer has done some excellent work supporting a great place for developers to communicate. Given the success of Chatters, we're asking that when it comes to a need for real-time communication, or subjects or tone that don't apply to the forums, please take it to Chatters.