ID:180973

I have always felt that one of the best things about the BYOND system was the wonderful community of users willing to assist one another in "building their dreams". While the documentation on this site has occassionally been sparse or cryptic, we've always had a good number of enthusiastic people willing to fill in the blanks for us.

However, in the last year or so we seem to have lost some of this magic. On these boards, I've been seeing a tremendous amount of bickering and complaining over petty issues. We get deluged with emails from users upset over spams, threats, and the like. This is a real shame, because these kinds of posts and emails get the brunt of the attention, often causing the informative and entertaining topics of days past to get lost in the shuffle. Obviously, I think it is in our best interest to put an end to this as best we can.

I implore everyone-- newbie or veteran alike-- to read the Forum Help page, particularly the Community Standards (Thanks to Spuzzum for his contributions). If everyone simply abides by the common-sensical guidelines therein, these forums will be much easier on the eyes. And you might even learn some posting tricks!

To help maintain decorum, we have designated some users here as moderators. Please respect their actions, as they are performing a voluntary service here. Moderators should not move, close, or delete your thread out of any personal animosity, but rather because the forum standards dictate it. Again, if everyone follows the rules here, they shouldn't have to do much.

Thanks for reading, everyone. I hope this is the beginning of a more friendly world BYOND.