ID:1811065

(See the best response by Ter13.)
Code:

Problem description: i would post code if it would help but there are no errors even in debug mode, i came across a old byond post that had a similiar problem and they fixed it by setting exit points for the roaming mobs/npcs, However i dont think this is the case suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Could you give information on how you discovered the infinite loop, what happened, how it happened, etc?
i came across this loop thinking it was just hidden erros in the game

BYOND hub reports port 88 can be reached by players.
runtime error: bad client
proc name: Death (/mob/proc/Death)
source file: Procs.dm,487
usr: 0
src: Byakuya (/mob/Byakuya)
call stack:
Byakuya (/mob/Byakuya): Death({NPC}Strong Hollow (/mob/stronghollow))
the cero (/obj/cero): Bump(Byakuya (/mob/Byakuya))
the cero (/obj/cero): Move(Outside (71,84,2) (/turf/Outside/Path), 1)
source file: Procs.dm,487

This tells you the dm file it's located in and the line of code corresponding with that runtime error. Could you show me line 487?
yeah i can these errors are fixed though when i run game and compile i get no errors.

switch(input(src,"Do you want to become a Hollow?", text) in list ("Yes","No"))
Are you sure that's the correct file and line of dm? Doesn't look at all like it has anything to do with the error at hand.
when the game crashs though it doesnt just like crash, it freezes and dream seeker asks me to shut it down and of course i do
Yeah... That's definitely the same runtime error you posted about in this thread: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1810974

That runtime error doesn't have anything to do with an infinite loop. That runtime error is a bad client error, which we already solved in the earlier thread.
                    switch(input(src,"Do you want to become a Hollow?", text) in list ("Yes","No"))
if("Yes")
If you have world.loop_checks set to 0, you need to change it back to 1. That will make it so that the infinite loop will quit running and tell you what's freezing your game.
i know all those errors are fixed ect, he asked me how i came across the infinite loop and that was how because i thought it was that bad time client error that was crashing the game and it wasnt
Ter13 wrote:
If you have world.loop_checks set to 0, you need to change it back to 1. That will make it so that the infinite loop will quit running and tell you what's freezing your game.

Do this, and then we'll be able to find your problem.
ctrl f'd world.loop and nothing came up so i never set one i believe @ ter
Well, what did you change that caused the infinite loop? I mean, what part of your source code were you working on before all of this business started?
What Ter13 said.
i found loop_checks and set it to 1 then compiled and ran the game again no errors / no warnings
What did you add to the game that caused the infinite loop? The little bit of code that I helped you fixed earlier is not a loop, so couldn't be causing an infinite loop.
whoever had the source before me must have did it because i haven't set any loops myself either, Previous owner told me about the problem and ive been trying to fix
did just test something though, when i ran to the mobs and killed them it crashed the game, no idea if this was because of that or if it was just random
Post the entire Death() proc.
Page: 1 2 3